Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Moyes didn't fancy the total car crash that is Villa and I don't blame him, as there'll be massive expectation to return to the PL at the first time of asking, that if he failed to deliver would have smashed his reputation to pieces.

Sure he fancies the Everton job, why wouldn't he? It doesn't mean he's got any realistic chance of getting it.

He'll sit the summer out no doubt being a pundit at the Euro's and he'll await the first round of PL sackings next autumn
imo.
Agree, the Pulis/Allardyce "safe pair of hands to avoid relegation and introduce stability" role might not match Moyes's ego but, other than a DoF position, likely the one he's best suited for.

Agree with the first bit. Don't think it will be De Boer though.

At this moment I really am happy with anyone but Moyes.

I say Frank because he's the only one who's given us a cheeky wink back. None of the others appear to be batting any eyelids in public.

I'm a little crestfallen after coming back and seeing Mou to Utd and then reports of my second choice Emery saying "Ta, but I'm alright"

Agree, the Pulis/Allardyce "safe pair of hands to avoid relegation and introduce stability" role might not match Moyes's ego but, other than a DoF position, likely the one he's best suited for.

And as Lukaku sagely pointed out, we're currently a club in crisis behind the scenes.

Hail, King David.

It's beginning to feel a bit like a circus act.

Think it's sensible to expect a new manager in place at the latest of 8th June which is two weeks away.

I know things happen quickly in football but at the moment , from the outside, it feels like a lot would need to happen to make that happen I.e manager in place for start of Euros.
Circus act?

Why?

The more I think about it, the more it will be Moyes unfortunately.

Kenwright will be in support of him and after we keep getting snubbed from the other managers we will be left with the likes of Moyes.

Surely Stubbs wouldn't knock us back as well.

Think it's sensible to expect a new manager in place at the latest of 8th June which is two weeks away.

I know things happen quickly in football but at the moment , from the outside, it feels like a lot would need to happen to make that happen I.e manager in place for start of Euros.
Surely you'd want the club to be patient and bide their time to make the RIGHT choice, rather than rush in?

On the other hand, if Bill's still a voice, he's whispering into Mr Moshiri's ear "take your time fella, appoint on Sept 30th just as the transfer window closes then we'll be able to buy some new lawnmowers with your money"

For you maybe. This is not a game, there is a lot of money at stake and this is a business exercise not some trivial armchair decision. It's tactical and there no certainties, it's tricky. Also, there is lots of lobbying going on (press) and lots things being made up to generate traffic to papers and websites. It's far from a circus act.

Status
Not open for further replies.