Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I really hope this has legs. If the brief is the best available, then this guy fits the brief. The club should not have too much difficulty in seeing it, language barriers can be overcome.

He has spoken in the past of being interested in working in the Premier League and can converse in English.

From that article that is the line that really stuck out, IF thats true then wonder if it's more a case like it was with pocchetino - can speak but not comfortable enough to do it to the media

Emery to Everton for some reason always reminds me of Howard to Bilbao.

Not a move that seemed entirely logical for him at the time (and didn't work out as such), always thought he would have gone for one of the more trophy laden clubs there.

Seems similar circumstances here, though obviously hope we would have luck on our side if he joined us. Be interesting to get a Spanish perspective on it, I imagine a move to Everton would raise a lot of eyebrows there.

This though, of course could be Everton trying to rush a decision out of Koeman.
I don't think so. The clamour for Emery only really just begun after the guy from the Times tweeted that he would be very interested in taking over Everton.

I know we think clubs aren't run this badly but is it possible they never even considered him before that?

After all they did buy Niasse.

Status
Not open for further replies.