Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Think it's because their are much better managers out there and his records not that great. Personally I find it frustrating that other than Mourinho we don't seem to have at leat talked to other top candidates like Emery.

Emery is more moyes than Koeman is...

Again, never managed in the Prem. It is vital we have that experience, IMO, or at least very handy.

Also, as good as Sevilla are in the Europa, they are perennially 5th to 8th in La Liga. Now he's a top manager, but there's no guarantee he'd come in and do well. He'd be much more of a gamble, certainly...

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...ronald-koeman-roberto-martinez-goodison-park-

Everton want Ronald Koeman to succeed Roberto Martínez and hope to lure the Southampton coach with the promise of the biggest transfer budget in their history.

Farhad Moshiri, Everton’s new major shareholder, sacked Martínez on Thursdayand has earmarked Southampton’s manager as his preferred replacement. The British-Iranian billionaire faces a challenge to prise the 53-year-old from St Mary’s, however, even with Koeman yet to commit to a new contract and having just over 12 months remaining on his deal.

Esk.....think very carefully before answering this.

Would Koeman coming here mean Sammy Lee comes with him :Blink:

Understand fella but I am completely against it and worse it,s a choice that neither reflects the fans wishes, excites us and would not unite us becuase mark my words he will have a question mark over him from the off.
It reflects a few fans wishes just not yours. And surely any manager will have question marks over them at the start until they start to prove themselves? Whoever is given the job will get my backing and I'd like to think most fans will be the same.

Memory serves me right mate I got told this by a friend of a friend around the beginning of March. We were out with him and he's the head of conditioning at Barnsley.

Stones had been back to Oakwell the week before - there's an article on it somewhere with a picture of him with a kid - for like a 'past players' dinner gala thing for charity.

Stones had been saying then to the Barnsley lads that there'd been some fall-outs - and I posted that at the time.

Whether he was talking about fall-outs at that time, or like you said, previous to that, it's unclear.
Ah, beginning of March.. the infamous West Ham game, lost 3-2. Stones was subbed at half time

Rings true, that is when the rot really set in. Its certainly the game I turned against Martinez for his daft substitiutions - Ive said that in a previous thread

Question for those like @BlueToff who are relatively upbeat about the possibility of Koeman, some questions for you:

1. What does Koeman bring to Everton that we need?
2. Do you think he'll retain those aspects of Martinez that we enjoyed? i.e. will there be some continuity?
3. Do you think he'll be able to bring some players with him and, if so, who would we benefit from?

It reflects a few fans wishes just not yours. And surely any manager will have question marks over them at the start until they start to prove themselves? Whoever is given the job will get my backing and I'd like to think most fans will be the same.

See Bobby......why put ourselves in a position that we have to pick from the B list of managers,

Koeman is a huge name in football. He's as big as De Boer and as a player done as much in the game...

He's also got two years of doing extremely well with a very limited budget at a club that has had to constantly sell its best players, but has done it with a style while spotting the mistakes he has made and correcting them.

What is exciting, to you? Thinking we're getting Mourinho, or Pellegrini who has been roundly criticised recently for being stubborn and boring, or getting a manager who has been criticised for being too stubborn and defensively naive in the Eredivise???

I'm not bothered what he achieved as a player. It's his record as a manager that counts. He's got mid table written all over him. He's barely made it past one season in a handful of his jobs and has been laughed out of a couple.

An exciting appointment would be a manager who is currently winning trophies. Not one who seems to be lauded by some for nearly getting Southampton into Europe once.

Status
Not open for further replies.