Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I voted for Pellegrini originally. He wouldn't even have to move house ffs...

In the past that would have been a very important consideration (after all, both Moyes and Martinez were already based in the north-west) as we wouldn't have been financially able to cover the cost of their removal fees without skinting ourselves.

We'll get Harry Redknapp in to 'take the first team', with Stuart Barlow returning to the club for continuity purposes to oversee the youth teams and transfers.

Mourinho and Pelligrini then - well that's two of the names of the 4 approached so far, one employed and one who isn't so leaves two employed currently managers left - given the calibre of those rumoured to be approached i don't think we are looking at Eddie Howe then :)

Gut instinct - De Boer and Emery are the other two names

@The Esk

Mourinho and Pelligrini then - well that's two of the names of the 4 approached so far, one employed and one who isn't so leaves two employed currently managers left - given the calibre of those rumoured to be approached i don't think we are looking at Eddie Howe then :)

Gut instinct - De Boer and Emery are the other two names

@The Esk

Cant see us wasting our time approaching Emery.

Cant see us wasting our time approaching Emery.

It's the name i am not sure about myself mate, pretty sure the other 3 are going to be 3 of the 4 names - the 4th could be anyone of a very high calibre who they deem available - but the other names bode well for it being a high calibre one

We're likely going to end up with a caretaker until the end of the season- Royle/Duncan/Unsy? It's a funny time to be taking on a new manager unless a deal is already being done in the background. And realistically there might be a better pot to choose from in May after a few have moved on or been moved on. But I hope we surprise a few with a deal already done for a decent name. I still think Klinsmann could do it. Or maybe I hope he could do it cos I thought he was mega back in the day, but he's a big name that could attract big names. That's what we need. And whoever we get if they're unproven needs a mandatory defensive coach. Cos the big man Roberto seems to either not have one or just not listen to whoever he has got. If we get beat on Wednesday that's it, OUT OUT OUT because we're fans, not bloody victims and at the minute we are victims of Roberto's delusional and illogical stupidity. The longer this goes on the less it looks like loyalty from our top brass and the more it starts to feel like a Mickey take and like they don't know how the fans feel. Or they are turning a blind eye to how the fans feel which lets be honest is far worse. Rant over, I feel loads better now thanks for asking ha

It's the name i am not sure about myself mate, pretty sure the other 3 are going to be 3 of the 4 names - the 4th could be anyone of a very high calibre who they deem available - but the other names bode well for it being a high calibre one

If we have any sense and when I say we, I mean Moshiri, he will be talking to a few people, people at the top of the game, thats not to say he will get anywhere with some of them, but this man knows his onions, hes "invested" a lot of money into the club and is planned on "investing" more, hes a real footballing man, he wont let us down.

If we have any sense and when I say we, I mean Moshiri, he will be talking to a few people, people at the top of the game, thats not to say he will get anywhere with some of them, but this man knows his onions, hes "invested" a lot of money into the club and is planned on "investing" more, hes a real footballing man, he wont let us down.

Frankly I wouldn't mind De Boer, Emery, Mourinho, or Pellegrini. Mourinho would turn us into a proven winner. Emery would make us top 4, have us playing beautiful football. De Boer is a bit of a risk but he's highly touted so the positives outweigh any negatives (can't think of too many tbh). Pellegrini I'm a bit concerned about because of his transfer record, but he's been a winner anywhere he's been.

So can't really go wrong with any- but my choice would be:

1. Mourinho
2. De Boer/Emery
3. Pellegrini

Frankly I wouldn't mind De Boer, Emery, Mourinho, or Pellegrini. Mourinho would turn us into a proven winner. Emery would make us top 4, have us playing beautiful football. De Boer is a bit of a risk but he's highly touted so the positives outweigh any negatives (can't think of too many tbh). Pellegrini I'm a bit concerned about because of his transfer record, but he's been a winner anywhere he's been.

So can't really go wrong with any- but my choice would be:

1. Mourinho
2. De Boer/Emery
3. Pellegrini

Well ignoring what I consider realism, my list would be :

1 Jose
2 Simeone
3 Emery
4 De Boer
5 Cocu
6 AVB
7 Pellegrini

Think the phone call with names 2 and 3 would be very short.

Status
Not open for further replies.