Tim Howard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ron-Paul_Its-Happening1.gif

Yep, think Martinez has finally seen the light (fingers crossed) and is purely just a compromise.

Howard may have a niggle, but I'm sure it has been discussed that now is the right time for him to take a back seat - especially if a move is in the offing for the summer.

Up to Joel to come in in the league and perform how he has been hopefully. If not, Howard should have the right character to come back in if needed.

Fingers crossed it's finally happening though haha
I'm hoping Martinez tried to shift him out last month and Howard wouldn't budge, and benching him is the punishment.

I'm hoping Martinez tried to shift him out last month and Howard wouldn't budge, and benching him is the punishment.

Tbh mate don't think it's that. I think any deal would always have been in the summer. An MLS side could agree a fee as soon as their window opens next week I think, we just couldn't let him go until the summer.

I'm hoping that the Swansea performance was finally the straw that broke the camel's back so to speak, especially given how obvious it is that the defence trust Joel so much more.

We spent 16m this window. What did they spend? If you don't think you could get better than Howard for that money Football isn't for you...

And if you think any club would sell their decent goalkeeper in the middle of the season, it's not for you either...

Status
Not open for further replies.