Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've always wondered what GOT would of been like had it been around in 1995 when we signed Kanchelskis.

I think this would be pretty much equal.

Christ lads im in my late 30's !!!!

@FTY Hold me ?!
not really, he was a ManU player who after looking good for a season or so was struggling to get a game. Mainly due to falling out with Fergie. it was a resuscitate your career job for him.

I'm probably getting fired today

10471559-Puzzled-man-at-computer-shrugs-shoulders-and-expresses-lack-of-knowledge-Stock-Photo.jpg

In work and not working through a day's worth of signal to noise
How's things looking quick before my boss clocks me?

Tbh, I think that the Barry signing was a good one, in principle. He'd performed well the season previous, and it was better to bring him in, at his age, than to bring a player in at mid twenties on a long term deal. I think if that had of happened, it would of been difficult to keep the youth motivated. Now they have one/two years to step up themselves
Oh yeah, it couldn't be seen at the time as a poor decision. But I wonder given RMs own experience as a midfielder who played on into his 30s whether he might have anticipated putting Barry on a 3 year contract when he was 33/34 was a gamble?

To me, he's rewarded a player for coming in and settling things down in Martinez's first season here. It's also why I'm convinced he'll go back for Lennon in the final day of the window. Lennon was another one who transformed the manager's own situation to something better. I dont think managers forget stuff like that in a hurry.

Status
Not open for further replies.