January 2015 transfer window ( No GIFs allowed )(Nor fish puns ffs)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Over the last few years, Everton have typically done the vast majority of their transfer business in the Summer, and not done anywhere near as much business in January. You can kind of understand this, as a decent net spend twice a year would most likely result in accounting losses etc. On the whole, this strategy has served us well.

But the truth is that the next tranche of TV money will be coming our way this Summer, along with the extra money from the Europa League campaign. Unless the money is put towards a new stadium project, we can expect a similar level of investment as we did last Summer.

But if a key player is available in January, it makes sense to buy him now rather than lose out on him, just in order to adhere to a summer only trading strategy. But the fans would need to accept that investment in January, would mean less investment in the Summer. I could certainly live with that.

Ideally, I would want someone like Cabaye. People will say we are covered in central midfield, but there is just nowhere near enough creativity going on. Osman showed how important and advantageous a bit of incisive, forward passing creativity can be yesterday, and Cabaye is literally 10 times better than Osman. Signing him may be unlikely for a number of reasons, but I have no doubt that a player like him would lift us right up the league. The winger issue can be sorted out by another loan.

tbf jan transfer window is for panic buying. it's not really a market a team looks at unless they are a) struggling, b) have a lot of injuries, you don't get very good value for money normally, but you can find players who are a bit out of the first team picture and they want more game time - but then the selling club has to replace them and well they may as well wait until the summer.

Have Atsu and Eto'o had a kid?
main.php

Atso'o

Over the last few years, Everton have typically done the vast majority of their transfer business in the Summer, and not done anywhere near as much business in January. You can kind of understand this, as a decent net spend twice a year would most likely result in accounting losses etc. On the whole, this strategy has served us well.

But the truth is that the next tranche of TV money will be coming our way this Summer, along with the extra money from the Europa League campaign. Unless the money is put towards a new stadium project, we can expect a similar level of investment as we did last Summer.

But if a key player is available in January, it makes sense to buy him now rather than lose out on him, just in order to adhere to a summer only trading strategy. But the fans would need to accept that investment in January, would mean less investment in the Summer. I could certainly live with that.

Ideally, I would want someone like Cabaye. People will say we are covered in central midfield, but there is just nowhere near enough creativity going on. Osman showed how important and advantageous a bit of incisive, forward passing creativity can be yesterday, and Cabaye is literally 10 times better than Osman. Signing him may be unlikely for a number of reasons, but I have no doubt that a player like him would lift us right up the league. The winger issue can be sorted out by another loan.
would like Cabaye here always impressed me,

Linked with Kevin Kampl. One of those players i've only ever seen glimpses off. Winger with a bit of pace but also has good vision and range of passing. May be worth an offer of £5/6mil - only 24 as well

I dont care who we get as long as they have PACE.

We are crying out for it at the moment. Possession based teams like us need to also be great counter-attackers. With Atsu still not quite there yet we need to add a speedy wide man.

I cant believe how much we need Deulofeu given how erratic he was at times last year. He scared the bejesus out of defenders though, especially on the break.

Pace, Pace, Pace.

I can think of no-one in particular though apart from the aforementioned!

Probably a loada balls this (Mail etc) but could be true. Would only be worth it to beef up the numbers a bit and if he was dirt cheap. I've watched him ever since he was a kid at Celtic...shows flashes of aceness but, like McGeady, he can be pretty inconsistent. Quite old now too. Could 'do a job' though. Martinez's Hyperactive Shorterse Scots revolution continues (possibly)..

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...aloney-Roberto-Martinez-looks-strengthen.html

Status
Not open for further replies.