Hibbert

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shocked he played but it was the right idea to play him because it meant Stones could go in the middle

There it is. We all and the rest of the league except the kopites wanted Coleman at RB for us today, in fact the entire world wanted him there except for them lot, but it wasn't to be. No point risking players for any match, which is why I was a bit disappointed Lukaku got played through his toe injury that im not sure he is fully over yet either.

Yes....and if yer ma had balls she would be yer arl fella.

Some people are just looking for sommat to moan about.

What a daft comment.

You can tolerate a lad who is no longer good enough and still keep playing. That's fine. How many games did he manage to play in the last three years? 10? I moan because he is the obvious weakest link of the team and I rather see the young lad given a chance than seeing him play when Coleman is out. I have no idea how you can't see the obvious as he was beyond awful whenever he plays recently.

You can tolerate a lad who is no longer good enough and still keep playing. That's fine. How many games did he manage to play in the last three years? 10? I moan because he is the obvious weakest link of the team and I rather see the young lad given a chance than seeing him play when Coleman is out. I have no idea how you can't see the obvious as he was beyond awful whenever he plays recently.

You cant throw young lads into games like a Derby at Anfield, it just dosent work

I cannot even express my disappointment when I saw his name on the team sheet!

Amazed at Martinez for playing him, actually gobsmacked.

It could have gone so so badly wrong if they'd been even close to top form. We also suffered in attack because we basically had to play a midfielder to cover hibbert - McCarthy was basically a second right back just like neville used to be.

Face facts his age has caught up with him - Rubbish v Swansea just as bad today!

I don't believe he was ever good enough. I don't think its about age, it's about very limited ability. I remember like 6-7 years ago getting furious as he backed off every defender and letting them put crosses in for goals. The odd crunching tackle doesn't make him a good defender, but it does seem to impress a lot of our fans in general

Yep, that would've been mental. It was brave enough of Bobby to throw him in as a sub. After the match, it's easy to say Browning should've started. Before the match, no one could've judged that.
The 120 mins that Sterling played during the week helped us tbh - he looked exhausted in the 2nd half and Moreno didn't look much better which made Ty's speed & strength particularly noticeable. Not to take anything away from his performance, just hope that people don't build him up too high only to slate him if he doesn't do the same on his next performance.

Good game or Bad game, that tackle were he took the ball and then completly took out ballotelli was boss, Mario was well pissed by that

To be fair, Hibberts a millionaire now, he is basically rinsing the club because he's local and and friends with players at the squad.

He should retire if we're all honest, or at least just go to coaching. I don't care if he's a blue, that doesn't mean he can scrounge off the club for as long as he has.

I was worried when I saw he was starting, but he did OK. I know he has a two year contract but, if he's still struggling for fitness at the end of the season I can see him hanging up his boots. Browning looked good when he came on and hopefully gives us another option.

Disagree with you on the money side though. If someone sticks a contract under your nose and asks you to sign then the vast majority of people on here would do exactly that. Yes, he'll be a millionaire, but I doubt he signed for the money. Maybe he just loves the club and wants to carry on as long as possible ? It's not just up to the player to call it a day. If your manager doesn't offer you a contract then you soon get the message.

Status
Not open for further replies.