The Everton Board Thread (Inc. Bill Kenwright / Blue Union)

Is it time for Change...???

• Kenwright an the Board out, We need Change.

Votes: 503 80.0%
  • Im Happy with the way thing are. Kenwright an the Board should stay

Votes: 126 20.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I saw that list, but a lot of what he mentioned is covered in other areas of the accounts.
The OOC's is everything other than players wages, player fees, interest charges and capital equipment purchases.

If you've read something else, then you're reading it wrong

Section 3 is an overview of all expenses. The following subsections do some breakdown. An example is Depreciation. We spent £829k on Depreciation in total in 2013. Property Depreciation is £254k of that and Other Depreciation is £575k of that. Which add up to £829k and are broken down in Section 4.

Congratulations, you are the 15000 post in this thread.

I reckon it will goto 29784 before we have new owners.

Each new tv deal is a record breaker, but does it really give us an advantage over our competitors? I think you will find the answer is no. It's our own commercial revenues we need to grow. Years ago, the likes of Spurs even though based in London was making the same amount of money from its off the field activities. Them days are long gone, they are on a different level to us off the pitch. On the pitch we are the better team in my eyes.

When they eventually move into the new ground, they will be even further ahead of us commercially.

Well yeah but as we know this one is massive. And no, I don't expect it to give us an advantage over the rest, all I'm asking is for some of it to be invested to at least allow us to keep competing like we did last season.

Our own commercial revenues are a different matter. For now we can't sort that out so the most we can expect is to spend a chunk of this money that we know should be there, which some people are already assuming we aren't going to do.

All I'm saying is if there isn't proper investment in the team this summer, that's when serious allegations can be made that there's something really wrong going on.

Well yeah but as we know this one is massive. And no, I don't expect it to give us an advantage over the rest, all I'm asking is for some of it to be invested to at least allow us to keep competing like we did last season.

Our own commercial revenues are a different matter. For now we can't sort that out so the most we can expect is to spend a chunk of this money that we know should be there, which some people are already assuming we aren't going to do.

All I'm saying is if there isn't proper investment in the team this summer, that's when serious allegations can be made that there's something really wrong going on.
Are these not linked though?

We can't sort out our commercial revenues. Isn't that bad enough? Yes, I agree, we need to get very upset if we have no real net spend this summer, but I argue that the fact we are relying on tv deal increases to fund our transfer dealings is a massive failing of the current regime.

We will spend this summer, of that i have no doubt. It's the next few transfer windows afterwards we will have no cash available for transfers though.

Or, when they said in the AGM the next set of accounts will show a decrease in the accounts. This will be due to us not spending much this summer and paying the debt down?? Surely not, but its the sensible thing to do.

This is correct. And @nsno-chris argued that no club would give a full breakdown of what makes up the value, no matter whether or not the reports use round values.
The primary point remains however regarding the remit of auditors.

Overall though, we have a club CEO who's aware of the issue and has moved to satisfy the curiosity of others. But he hasn't gone far enough.

We will spend this summer, of that i have no doubt. It's the next few transfer windows afterwards we will have no cash available for transfers though.

Or, when they said in the AGM the next set of accounts will show a decrease in the accounts. This will be due to us not spending much this summer and paying the debt down?? Surely not, but its the sensible thing to do.
Our TV revenue has increased by £34m this season. That's all unaccounted for, incremental revenue.

We could spend £25m net this summer - and providing the players were all on 4 year contracts, the amortisation would equate to an additional £6.25m per annum cost.

There's no excuse if we don't invest heavily (by our standards) this summer.

It's this that Evertonians should be focussed on and not searching for some imaginary gremlin in a line of the accounts.

This summer is totally different to recent years, let's get that clear. If Kenwright and Co. don't deliver this summer then we all have every right to be asking why not, as paying down debt will only benefit the stakeholders in the medium / long term.

Are these not linked though?

We can't sort out our commercial revenues. Isn't that bad enough? Yes, I agree, we need to get very upset if we have no real net spend this summer, but I argue that the fact we are relying on tv deal increases to fund our transfer dealings is a massive failing of the current regime.

Yeah, you're spot on. That's definitely something that's wrong. When I say something seriously wrong I mean the idea that the money is going somewhere it shouldn't be.

I suggest its you thats reading it wrong.

Then you'd be wrong again.....

efc__1326476314_rev-ex-2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.