New Everton Stadium Discussion

Theres a possibility that they could reduce ticket prices to fill the ground which would include a slight increase on current revenue. Seeing has the rs have a global fan base they could use an option like this to reach out to the local fan base. Dad and lad offers, under 16s in for £15 etc etc

but I do agree, 52k seems a bit silly; 40-45k with the ability to develop without upsetting the footfall

I would hope they could have a section that would be for local primary schools in the city region could have access to say 2000 seats at a reduced rate.

Mate your posts tell me that you are in the know do you think we are any nearer getting a new stadium or are these titbits of information getting leaked out purely to appease the masses while they hawk out next years season tickets?

17. Stanley Park
Planning permission for Liverpool FC stadium and thus suitable. But, ground sharing ruled out.

Since they no longer have any interst in the site then there'll be no objections to us using it, no groundshare required

We cant build on that site as their new stand encroaches it.

I would hope they could have a section that would be for local primary schools in the city region could have access to say 2000 seats at a reduced rate.

Ideas like that would give the club ample opportunity to grow over the long term. The RS will never loose their global fan base so Everton should concentrate on the locals community. Get them in early and they'll be hooked, increase in merchandise etc etc.

With regards to the stadium, you'd expect a massive increase in corporate hospitality, so that should increase income radically. Now if you looked at what we earn per annum now, you could forecast at 15-10% above matchday revenue now and i'd be pretty sure you could still come in cheaper with offers on. Obviously there will be a lot more running costs for a bigger stadium (policing and things like that will increase) but maintenance will drop. If they did go 52k it would be a gamble, but there is sufficient tolerance to plan financially. Its not a 90k seater they're trying to fill.

Hopefully something is on the arisen, as with everything else in life I won't get my hopes up until something has been officially submitted

Ideas like that would give the club ample opportunity to grow over the long term. The RS will never loose their global fan base so Everton should concentrate on the locals community. Get them in early and they'll be hooked, increase in merchandise etc etc.

Thats the reasons why I have said it previously.

With regards to the stadium, you'd expect a massive increase in corporate hospitality, so that should increase income radically. Now if you looked at what we earn per annum now, you could forecast at 15-10% above matchday revenue now and i'd be pretty sure you could still come in cheaper with offers on.

Again I have given this some thought over the years which is why I hope that any new stadium is as near to the city business district as possible. Corporate customers will be much more likely to spend their money if its nearer to the offices/shops etc.

3411186.jpg

Not going to happen guys

Is this a guess, or is there evidence floating around to support it

It is a statement of fact, based on Robert Elstone telling the Everton Shareholders Association in frequent face to face meetings that a new stadium won't be built unless there is an 'enabling project' attached to it, i.e. a supermarket.

The current board do not possess £200m+ of their own money to build a new stadium on their own.

Whether or not expanding the Rice Lane store rules out Sainsburys remains to be seen. It probably does, though theres no evidence either way. A supermarket will be involved; it is unlikely to be Tesco after the Kirkby fiasco. So then you're limited to just a few big name supermarkets that might get involved, really.

It is a statement of fact, based on Robert Elstone telling the Everton Shareholders Association in frequent face to face meetings that a new stadium won't be built unless there is an 'enabling project' attached to it, i.e. a supermarket.

The current board do not possess £200m+ of their own money to build a new stadium on their own.

Whether or not expanding the Rice Lane store rules out Sainsburys remains to be seen. It probably does, though theres no evidence either way. A supermarket will be involved; it is unlikely to be Tesco after the Kirkby fiasco. So then you're limited to just a few big name supermarkets that might get involved, really.

I wouldn't rule out Tesco too quickly; Terry Leahy stil has serious influence within Tesco and if you look at the North End of the city whats one thing thats missing?? A Tesco superstore; Sainsburys and 2 Asda's are within the radius, Tesco have metros and express stores.

My opinion, its still a possibility.

Suntan Bob never ceases to tell all that they need an enabler and have still quoted retail as the sector they are looking at.

Anyway gents, its pointless even discussing, nothing is even being discussed in detail (well not that we know about).

Regardless of our opinions, i.e. what we think of the club and the running of the club etc, we all want the best. So lets hope this is something that is in the pipeline

And with that, i wish you a good night and COYB