'Peanuts' 'Jellyfish' 'Dustbin' - WHY???

Status
Not open for further replies.
I watch the away games I can't get to with my ma deep in wool territory (St Helens) because she works there on a Saturday morning, and the mongs in the pub we go INSIST on giving every player a stupid nickname.

Does anyone else want to crawl into a hole and die when they hear them? It's takes no more effort to say Pienarr than 'Peanuts'....

Honestly suprised I get out of the pub without chinning one of them. At least I know they wouldn;t hit me back because even in meff-land, they still have the code of 'Wouldn't hit a girl' (Unless it's their bird).
Terrible attitude and language for a girl, can't people go the pub to watch Everton and have a laugh and enjoy themselves without you getting your knickers in a twist

Absolutely hideous, unless you are under the age of 12, in which case it's probably ok to give players nicknames.

Grown men doing it without a hint of irony should by put in a barrel and rolled down a big hill.

[quote="bluejock, post: 2569477, member: 8878"e hideous, unless you are under the age of 12, in which case it's probably ok to give players nicknames.

Grown men doing it without a hint of irony should by put in a barrel and rolled down a big hill.[/quote

love a bit of bazza rolling meself

I watch the away games I can't get to with my ma deep in wool territory (St Helens) because she works there on a Saturday morning, and the mongs in the pub we go INSIST on giving every player a stupid nickname.

Does anyone else want to crawl into a hole and die when they hear them? It's takes no more effort to say Pienarr than 'Peanuts'....

Honestly suprised I get out of the pub without chinning one of them. At least I know they wouldn;t hit me back because even in meff-land, they still have the code of 'Wouldn't hit a girl' (Unless it's their bird).

Is right.

The answer is in the first sentence, St Helens.

Do the men still have a skinhead with a fringe and have an ear ring. I once made a cardinal sin of taking a date to St Helens on a Sunday night years ago. All the pub needed that night was an orangutan named "Clive" and it would have been a scene from every which way but loose.

I call the players by their first names when I watch them, weird as that sounds

Whenever Barkley goes on a mazy run, I'm yelling "Go on Ross lad!" despite never meeting him or knowing him personally

I do call Distin "Disty" though

Football is very odd, is the point I'm venturing to I feel

Quite up yourself aren't you.

Do you equally criticise those in 'The Metropolis' that can't pronounce a players name correctly after years at the club ?

* Awaits poor grammar and use of incorrect words.

Status
Not open for further replies.