Everton vs Swansea City. FA Cup 5th Round, 16th Feb 2014 @ 13:30

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think yesterday highlighted the need for another attacking player who is a level above what we have now. It's easy to say it but I think we need a new Pienaar type player, someone who can receive the ball in tight spaces and shift it about, someone with an eye for a decent pass. Yesterday we had Barkley, Pienaar and Mirallas in attack, and whilst they're all good players, only Pienaar currently has that skill set, in my opinion.

McGeady is a good little winger who could turn out to be an absolute bargain, but he's too similar to Mirallas for me to replace Pienaar in the starting line up. I think it's part of the reason why we still see so much of Osman. Deulofeu and McGeady can get the ball and run at people but Osman and Pienaar have different skills which we don't have in our other attacking players (besides Barkley who is a work in progress). I think those two are the most similar to the Barcelona type players needed for this system. I.E quick feet and quick dribbling, passing and movement.

Delighted to get through, obviously, but thought we were incredibly sloppy in our play yesterday. A better team would've punished us no doubt. Some of the passing in the 1st half was diabolical and I'm thankful we weren't up against a better team. Swansea fans likewise will probably be annoyed they didn't capitalise on it.

Delighted to get through, obviously, but thought we were incredibly sloppy in our play yesterday. A better team would've punished us no doubt. Some of the passing in the 1st half was diabolical and I'm thankful we weren't up against a better team. Swansea fans likewise will probably be annoyed they didn't capitalise on it.

I do believe that if we were up against a better team our own game would have been lifted. I think our players were that confident that it was bordering on complacency which can be difficult to snap out of. The early goal probably made us even more complacent. You also have to factor that if we played a better team then they probably would have opened up a bit more whereas Swansea closed play down and attempted to stop us getting into our stride without causing us too many problems.

jr160214everton-26-6715610.jpg

It was on Sky mate...ESPN channel 061

Well, the hotel we stayed at in Queen St didn't have the ESPN subscription, unfortunately. Sky 1 and 2, but
not 061. I knew I'd wake up during the night at some point and had my little radio, ear plugs fitted, under my pillow. I woke up and found the station which just happened to be broadcasting from Goodison as they kicked off. Didn't get much sleep, but hey, I was on holiday.

Great city, Auckland, btw.

Well, the hotel we stayed at in Queen St didn't have the ESPN subscription, unfortunately. Sky 1 and 2, but
not 061. I knew I'd wake up during the night at some point and had my little radio, ear plugs fitted, under my pillow. I woke up and found the station which just happened to be broadcasting from Goodison as they kicked off. Didn't get much sleep, but hey, I was on holiday.

Great city, Auckland, btw.

Really pleased you enjoyed Auckland Jeff. It was a pretty packed weekend you were there, what with the Rugby League 9's, Eminem concert and the Chinese Lantern Festival (and Valentines Day too). Personally, I was too engrossed in the cricket test match from Wellington to 'do' any of those other events (except Valentines!!)

Really pleased you enjoyed Auckland Jeff. It was a pretty packed weekend you were there, what with the Rugby League 9's, Eminem concert and the Chinese Lantern Festival (and Valentines Day too). Personally, I was too engrossed in the cricket test match from Wellington to 'do' any of those other events (except Valentines!!)

Might get in trouble here because it's not about Everton, but yeah, went up the Sky Tower, cruised to Devonport, had a look at the Lantern Festival - a bit hard climbing up that hill at Albert Park at my age - the rugby fans were everywhere and amusing, mostly, late breakfasts at the Viaduct, and lots of other stuff Oh, and Everton won. It was great.

I managed to celebrate Valentines Day, too. Twice, in fact.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.