Striker Shopping

Status
Not open for further replies.
He missed from two yards out, missed a one on one and put one miles over the bar from 15 yards away. What else does he want?

No I know, he was cack. But under the rules of "benefit of the doubt", it was one game. Maybe he just went temporarily Henderson, we'll see.

I can't see us getting too much space behind defences this season Tubes so Jelavic may suffer.

Maybe not at home, but away I think we'll get some joy for Kone if he plays like he did on occasion for Wigan.

I'm not talking about bursting clear of the last man though; I mean just spinning off a shoulder in the box and getting half a yard, onto the end of a slide rule pass and finishing first time. Jelavic lives off those.

Wish I shared your optimism. Would snap someone's hand off if they offered one of the three hitting double figures.

We've just got to see the system kick in. We haven't figured out how to put teams to the sword. Once we do, we'll go on a run. It's frustrating now but it's hard to judge the attacking players we have based on the first three games, as it's misleading due to how raw the system is.

Last edited:
Play Mirallas up front...not like we've really been playing in a way that begs for a target man. *shrug*

Think that'd waste him. We're pushing so far up to the opposition defence that our striker naturally plays back to goal to provide an outball.

Mirallas should be used to run at players, giving the ball to the striker for a give and go, skipping round the outside etc.

His problem at the moment is consistency; too often he disappears from games. When he's on form though he's unplayable.

Kone looked absolute gash tonight. Unless one of these strikers start hitting some form, then we are gonna be uber reliant on midfield and bainsey for goals this season.

Dunno, I'm not seeing Kev in the game enough out on the wing...he's disappearing for long spells and really doesn't seem to be bothered with any sort of defensive responsibility anyhow...has the pace to burn most defenders, good with the ball at his feet. There's more there for it than against it, IMHO.

Klaas-Jan-Huntelaar2.jpg

What about Jelle Vossen? We've been linked with him the past few summers. Someone is going to snap him up soon, hope its us. Plus he's Belgian!

Dunno, I'm not seeing Kev in the game enough out on the wing...he's disappearing for long spells and really doesn't seem to be bothered with any sort of defensive responsibility anyhow...has the pace to burn most defenders, good with the ball at his feet. There's more there for it than against it, IMHO.

And he can't cross. I don't think he has the physicality or hold up play to be a no. 9, so we'd have to use him as a no. 10, which would mean adjusting Barkley's position. It would create an opening on the right for Deulofeu though.

Status
Not open for further replies.