Evertons U18s in Sweden

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gutted i had to work :(

Anyone see how we played or who started for us?

Only saw second half mate.

Not sure on all the players though, both Duffus brothers were on, Charsley too. Jones. Not too sure about others.

Decent header by Courtney Duffus to equalise.

The opposition went down to 10 because of a silly kick through the back of one of our lads.

Then they went down to 9 players in a bit of a bizarre situation, their player made a foul, then went down injured for a while. Got given a yellow card at first, then a couple mins later ref went back to him and produced a red, almost like he remembered it was the kids second yellow of the game.

After that, we had all the possession but failed to capitalise, some poor crossing from either wing. Nearly got hit on the counter once. We had a couple of close-ish headers that lacked the needed power or accuracy to find the net.

Penalties I thought our keeper was commiting a little early to his dives, but he wasn't happy that their players were stuttering their runs before shooting. Luckily one of their boys put it wide and relieved the pressure.

Team was - Griffiths
Birch Kenny Langton Thorniley
Jones Ledson Shannon charsley Dyson Duffus. T. Duffus and Robinson came on as subs. Not sure what formation it ended up being. Duffus has pace an power looked good. Was also impressed with birch he got forward a lot. Some of ledson's dead balls were quality others not so. Kenny got on the end of nearly everything. Was the better team most of the game but we didnt seem to create many clear cut chances. The swedes broke on the counter a few times. Griffiths made one great save and saved one in pen shoot out. He did however seem to dive well before their players kicked the ball for 2 of the pens so their players just went to the other side. Positive overall though.

Bit sly for 16/17 year old lads to be making dummy runs on pens lol

Sounds like maybe a bit of fatigue set in?

If they get past these Danes in the Semi then i think they'll play the Right To Dream Academy from Ghana, links with Man City and certainly no pushovers.

A good performance. No Williams though Swisso? Also is Brewster an Under 16?

I like number 15 Ledson, he's only just turned 16 as well. Jonjo Kenny looks a good player, but too small to be a centre back. Jones the right midfielder is also a decent player as well, skillfull.

Looks a good year group, and we deserved to win today.

Status
Not open for further replies.