The summer 2013 Everton transfer rumourZ thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kone is at his peak. He should be playing his best football round about now and he's not Someone I've been overly impressed with at Wigan. 10-11 goals a season? Is this including cup games? I'd expect Mirallas to get 10 goals a season and Kone to be hitting 15-20 at least. To be in with a decent chance of a top 5 finish we need to score 60-70 goals and if Kone scores 10 that's not impressive at all. This is Everton where more goals are needed and not a measly third of the goals like Wigan.

I'd really like to know if the people who think that Jelavic is complete dogpoopy now put it down to the player only or a combination of never getting the ball to feet in build up because of the position Felli took up with maybe a combination of steadily decreasing confidence.

Kone is at his peak. He should be playing his best football round about now and
he's not Someone I've been overly
impressed with at Wigan. 10-11 goals
a season? Is this including cup
games? I'd expect Mirallas to get 10
goals a season and Kone to be hitting
15-20 at least. To be in with a decent
chance of a top 5 finish we need to
score 60-70 goals and if Kone scores
10 that's not impressive at all. This is
Everton where more goals are
needed and not a measly third of the
goals like Wigan.

Alan Stubbs though?

I'd really like to know if the people who think that Jelavic is complete dogpoopy now put it down to the player only or a combination of never getting the ball to feet in build up because of the position Felli took up with maybe a combination of steadily decreasing confidence.

I have faith in Jelavic. It's hard to say what happened but you don't just lose it. If Kone signs and we play him up front with Jelavic I think they could form a good partnership.

Some people really are miserable sods. We are buying a striker for 5 million who is going to score more goals than our current strikers. When people say he wont score 20 goals for us, A STRIKER COSTING 5 MILLION IS NOT EXPECTED TO FFS. This is a SQUAD PLAYER. We are buying a lad who is in his peak years, will give us something different, he is strong, pacey and knows where the net is as well as knowing the manager and already knows the mans tactics. He is a great option if we were down whatever score and needed a goal.

Those complaining about age, i'd be more worried if we bought a young striker with no experience of the league rather than this lad as the younger one would probably score less goals. We also bought Distin for the same price and he was like 3 years older, don't see people complaining about his "re-sale value" now do we?

We are not stopping at Kone and McGeady. These are squad players that we can count on coming off the bench when we need it. No more relying on Naismith to come on and score a goal as our bench was inexperienced and was not going to make an impact (Apart from Barkley but he couldn't get a game ffs).

When we see the big outs, we will see the big ins. Take Aubameyang for example, the story may be bullsh*t but if true it even shows that we are waiting for the big money players going out before we can buy these players that really are going to make an impact in the first team. So for the love of god, stop complaining when we are actually addressing our squad problems with decent players.

Status
Not open for further replies.