Now is the time to prove yourself, Mr Moyes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SimonH

Player Valuation: £50k
First post, so please be gentle.

One thing has struck me over the shambles of the summer. David Moyes has built up a quite a reputation at Everton, a manager that can get the best of a threadbare squad and get us up to the top with very little/no money.

Well, he's done a good a job so far, and now he is whinging and looking like a man defeated. What a f***kin fanny. Sorry, buts it time he stood and said you know what, we can do it again and we will. We have quality players and we can be up there again. Last season we were again pretty close to the top 4, give or take some [Poor language removed] decisions.

If he walks, he is the type of quitter we don't need. The team needs confidence more than it needs players at the moment, and from what I can see its the last thing he is displaying. Albeit, we could still do with some players.

But even if we don't get anyone of note, we should rallying our troops and making another assault on the top four.

My message to David Moyes: Now is the time to prove yourself. Sign your contract and show everyone what you made off instead of cowering like a man resigned to defeat. A coward.

And, COYB!!!!!!!! ;)

One thing has struck me over the shambles of the summer. David Moyes has built up a quite a reputation at Everton, a manager that can get the best of a threadbare squad and get us up to the top with very little/no money.

Well, he's done a good a job so far, and now he is whinging and looking like a man defeated. What a f***kin fanny. Sorry, buts it time he stood and said you know what, we can do it again and we will. We have quality players and we can be up there again. Last season we were again pretty close to the top 4, give or take some [Poor language removed] decisions.

If he walks, he is the type of quitter we don't need. The team needs confidence more than it needs players at the moment, and from what I can see its the last thing he is displaying. Albeit, we could still do with some players.

But even if we don't get anyone of note, we should rallying our troops and making another assault on the top four.

My message to David Moyes: Now is the time to prove yourself. Sign your contract and show everyone what you made off instead of cowering like a man resigned to defeat. A coward.

And, COYB!!!!!!!! ;)

Great Post. ;)

And, COYB!!!!!!!! ;)

great post simon , and welcome to g.o.t .

And, COYB!!!!!!!! ;)

Have you thought what's gonna happen next pre season then? When we get left further behind.

pmsl Dave^.

Have you thought what's gonna happen next pre season then? When we get left further behind.

pmsl Dave^.

At the end of the day, the fact is that we cant afford players that we all want, and putting the discussion of blame aside, this is not something that DM can change. His job is to do the best he can with what he's got. If this defeatist attitude continues next pre-season will be spent preparing for a season in the championship.

-------------Howard--------------

Hibbert----Yobo-----Jags----Lescott

-----------Neville----Osman--------

Arteta---------Cahill---------Piennar

----------------Yak-----------------

Is still a very strong team (as good as last year imo, although I was never a great lover of Carsley) and this is without any of the new players coming in or kids earning there shirt.

I still expect us to be right up there in the top 6 again, we have easily been the 5th best team in this division for 4 years now and we won't be far away again. Every year we see teams Spurs/West Ham/City/Newcastle spend big money yet get no where, they then rip the team sheet of the drawing board and start all over again, there is no substitute for having a settled side.

The disappointing thing is that if we had added 2 top drawer players in the centre of the park we would of been right in the equation for a top 4 spot. We have now just got to hope were no too far adrift of the top 8 when players come back from injury, which I personally don't think we will be.

Is still a very strong team (as good as last year imo, although I was never a great lover of Carsley) and this is without any of the new players coming in or kids earning there shirt.

I still expect us to be right up there in the top 6 again, we have easily been the 5th best team in this division for 4 years now and we won't be far away again. Every year we see teams Spurs/West Ham/City/Newcastle spend big money yet get no where, there is no substitute for having a settled side.

The disappointing thing is that if we had added 2 top drawer players in the centre of the park we would of been right in the equation for a top 4 spot. We have now just got to hope were no too far adrift of the top 8 when players come back from injury, which I personally don't think we will be.

And you think we'll keep that starting eleven fit all season? We'll have injuries and we are competing in four competitions. We have no strength in depth as these first three games have shown.

Van der Meyde is probably our best backup midfielders, what a joke.

I still expect us to be right up there in the top 6 again, we have easily been the 5th best team in this division for 4 years now and we won't be far away again. Every year we see teams Spurs/West Ham/City/Newcastle spend big money yet get no where, they then rip the team sheet of the drawing board and start all over again, there is no substitute for having a settled side.

Carsley knew what his job was in the team and not having him in the team has proved how good he was at it.

A good point, its not as bad as people are thinking, our first team will still be good when we have the injured players back. And with Saha that can only make it stronger. I think most people are just being affected by the past 2 home matches, but that was thanks to a combination of bad tactics and injuries.

And you think we'll keep that starting eleven fit all season? We'll have injuries and we are competing in four competitions. We have no strength in depth as these first three games have shown.

Van der Meyde is probably our best backup midfielders, what a joke.

Were starting this season with exactly what we started last, numbers wise in midfield.

Status
Not open for further replies.