Relegation 23/24 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw 97/98 was the only season where all 3 teams that came up directly went down in the prem era, and who was 17th Everton. A scenario that could enter again.

Needed 40 points to stay up that year aswell so standards were much higher in the 90s. I can remember Palace winning about 6-7 aways but they could barely win a home game and were bottom in the end. Barnsley were the Luton of that season and after a terrible start were doing o.k at the end but ran out of games.

Could be the third season running where the squad on the pitch can't even make 40 points (even without any points deductions). If you're consistently finishing in 36-39 points bracket you're always going to be on fringes of relegation battle at the very best.

Needed 40 points to stay up that year aswell so standards were much higher in the 90s. I can remember Palace winning about 6-7 aways but they could barely win a home game and were bottom in the end. Barnsley were the Luton of that season and after a terrible start were doing o.k at the end but ran out of games.

Could be the third season running where the squad on the pitch can't even make 40 points (even without any points deductions). If you're consistently finishing in 36-39 points bracket you're always going to be on fringes of relegation battle at the very best.
That's true. I saw we stayed up by goal difference, even this is a possible scenario over Luton, despite the Chelsea game worsed it a bit. Thing is in a normal season we would be out of relegation battle despite this abysmal run in 2024. Whether 8 points above relegation zone would be good or bad, well that's another story.

Brentford need to beat Luton or they are allowing themselves back in to this scrap... no Toney but Mbuemo is back and always dangerous.

I think Brentford will have enough... hoping as well.

Brentford need to beat Luton or they are allowing themselves back in to this scrap... no Toney but Mbuemo is back and always dangerous.

Apparently he wants £250k a week from a move! I don't see him getting that from anyone myself even if he is a decent player.

IDK about Forest but I do know how mentally fragile our players are...
In fact, they are bit better in form, especially offensively. It's not much to make hope for tomorrow, but so far in these 6-pointer under Dyche, we got mostly out with points (draws in majority) except for this Luton loss.

Is 1 point enough, no but you know it's even worse to lose these games. Burnley would be 1 point behind us with a loss against them and also in this battle. We got it with the most ugly football, but in hindsight we got it.

Would this be a good sign, they would be 10 above relegation and playing against us next with a game of low importance.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.