2023/24 Sean Dyche

He still got more wins than Lampard with those first 44 games. Lampard only managed 44 games. That's all I can go off, their first 44.
That’s not how
It should work though.
Like I’ve pointed out a sacked manager usually is on a poor run. If you use all
Dyche’s games,His stats will be worse.
Like I could argue that Lampard had a terrible squad to pick from first 12/13 games last season. Compared to what dyche had this season.

That’s not how
It should work though.
Like I’ve pointed out a sacked manager usually is on a poor run. If you use all
Dyche’s games,His stats will be worse.
Like I could argue that Lampard had a terrible squad to pick from first 12/13 games last season. Compared to what dyche had this season.
Even in all of Dyches games, his stats aren't worse and his points per game are 6 pts better off in a season than Lampards.

Is “he’s better than Lampard” really all these weird Dyche fanboys have to hang their hats on? Is that the bar now, being better than Frank Lampard, who’s universally recognised as a laughing stock of a manager?
Im only talking about it because that was the topic of conversation tonight and I came onto an Internet forum for some discussion

Im only talking about it because that was the topic of conversation tonight and I came onto an Internet forum for some discussion

This was the first mention of Frank Lampard in this discussion. Just completely randomly and out of the blue. Where did it come from? Why was he brought up? He has absolutely nothing to do with the discussion around the current manager.

I think people forget just how much of an incompetent, but popular and highly-remunerated charlatan Frank Lampard was...

Is “he’s better than Lampard” really all these weird Dyche fanboys have to hang their hats on? Is that the bar now, being better than Frank Lampard, who’s universally recognised as a laughing stock of a manager?
"At least he's better than Lampard" - one of the worst to manage us. You could even say he's better than the swine too, but it's a ridiculously low bar
"He'll change with money" - no.
"The way he set up with Burnley was because they're Burnley fgs" - no, it's because Sean Dyche only knows one way to play and it's eye-gouging dire terrorball.
"This isn't his own team" - he relegated his own team more than once.

What else?

It’s like that Ben wynstanley fella from
The bullens view, calls Lampard one of our worst ever managers, which is a fair comment, but he’s also a big dyche fan and when fans say this group of players can surely play better football than what dyche is doing. He then brings up Lampard and stays look what happened when Lampard tried to pay football with this group 🤣.

Surely if he’s a terrible manager,
It doesn’t really matter what style he tries as he will fail

"At least he's better than Lampard" - one of the worst to manage us. You could even say he's better than the swine too, but it's a ridiculously low bar
"He'll change with money" - no.
"The way he set up with Burnley was because they're Burnley fgs" - no, it's because Sean Dyche only knows one way to play and it's eye-gouging dire terrorball.
"This isn't his own team" - he relegated his own team more than once.

What else?
Time will tell mate. I only ever wanted Dyche as our manager because of the situation we were in. Was sick of relegation battles and wanted a normal season. I rated him for the job he did with Burnley. Considering our finances and all of the other terminal stuff we have going on, I think he's the safest option we can get. I know people want the best for Everton because 'were Everton' but that's not the reality right now. We need stability on the pitch and inside the dressing room considering everything is falling to pieces elsewhere.

Time will tell mate. I only ever wanted Dyche as our manager because of the situation we were in. Was sick of relegation battles and wanted a normal season. I rated him for the job he did with Burnley. Considering our finances and all of the other terminal stuff we have going on, I think he's the safest option we can get. I know people want the best for Everton because 'were Everton' but that's not the reality right now. We need stability on the pitch and inside the dressing room considering everything is falling to pieces elsewhere.
No, time has already told us - 10 years of choosing this exact way to play, both in the Prem and the Championship (with the team he relegated himself too) and we're still in a relegation battle tells us all we need to know.

The job he did at Burnley was great for a team that never wants to progress, and he'll be exactly that way again. Over and over and again and again.

Are people really this thick to believe he'll change? Like for real?

Last edited: