6 + 2 Point Deductions

Baffles me that anyone bought into the Brennan Johnson sale narrative.

They could have simply not bought about 400 players instead that summer.

Thing is...it paid off and they survived relegation. They'll probably survive this year too and not have to worry about this edition of Premier League PSR next season.

Same with us. All this piss boiling about how bad our finances are moves on to another set of rules.

I've been a critic of Everton and some of the defences but I will say this.

It is fair to Everton, Nottingham Forest, maybe Leicester and perhaps Wolves given how many they sold to not keep the current system until 2024-25 if not 2025-26 IMO and let the chips fall where they may.

That is to say the 3 rolling years form laat season to next, a final assessment in Janaury 2026 or this year to 2025-26 and a final Assessment in January 2027.

While simultaneously introducing the new UEFA led rules once this cycle has been exhausted. To change it midstream seems mad and rather unfair. Illogical.

I would also add, people rightly focus on the big clubs in respect of who it might save but...

Aston Villa. Lead a very charmed life or have in the last few years. Richard Masters as per one site is an Aston Villa fan.

Their starting point for 3 g3ar FFP swings from +£25m perhaps, breakevenish Pre Tax plus FFP costs to £90-95m ie a Pre Tax Loss of-£120m less £25-30m in FFP Allowables.

How convenient if they seek to change the Rules or punishments going into 2024-25. A bit of a challenge to comply to this but surely a larger one in the period ending 2024-25!

Why 17 clubs would vote for it is rather strange given it probably isn't in their direct interest to do so. 14 needed to make a change. I can think of more than 6 who should quite like the current system.

(Fulham seem to have lost -£154m to last h3s4 in the relevant Period vs a limit of -£72m, Bournemouth -£104m once you strip out Exceptional debt Writeoff).

Nottingham Forest Promotion Bonuses not excluded, what happens if you do likewise for Bournemouth and Fulham? Fail?
pancake.jpg

Did they accept the usm lack of sponsor for the last appeal, maybe could be used for this one as a year later. Honestly is a f circus this comes to a point when a team that is not even buying players to break the rules. But is a mess in the background and the league offers no suggestions to help fix it. That is what ffp should be in place for to make every club to be run better. But well we wait till monday for these scumbags to again give us an unblanced result

Thanks for the pep talk. Not exactly Shakespeare's Henry V speech on St Crispin's Day. Unfortunately, reality intrudes. These players individually, and as a collective, aren't good enough. We have consistently failed to beat "garbage" teams at home this season, and in some cases actually lost to them such as Luton and Fulham. We will end the season the way we have done too many times, hoping other teams do the work for us by relying on them to get results against our rivals. My fear is that we have been to the well too many times and our luck must run out sometime. I would be really worried even without a looming points deduction on Monday.