2023/24 Sean Dyche

It's the cost of a new manager that would surely be the issue from an expense perspective. We can either carry on paying Dyche and watch him oversee our relegation, or we can carry on paying him whilst also paying a new manager, possibly on a short term basis with bonuses being paid in the next accounting period, which won't be subject to review for ages and will involve the forthcoming sales of Branthwaite and Onana. We need to stay in this league, and Dyche is going to take us down, so a change is needed!

Put up a good argument as to why Maupay scored 6 times more for Brentford this season than for Everton last season. Both crap teams.

interesting reply. Maupay was signed by lampard and never scored for either manager. Im in the maupay thread at the time of him leaving stating i didnt think it was the wisest choice to let him leave. I never thought maupay was a terrible player. But he wasnt the right fit for Everton at the time when we had no forwards fit. He hasnt got to do the same at brentford. Plus i just think certain players feel ok at certain clubs. He did well at brentford in the past. And i dont think brentford are that crap tbh. Losing toney for 8 months affected them. They've been an ok side in the main.

It's the cost of a new manager that would surely be the issue from an expense perspective. We can either carry on paying Dyche and watch him oversee our relegation, or we can carry on paying him whilst also paying a new manager, possibly on a short term basis with bonuses being paid in the next accounting period, which won't be subject to review for ages and will involve the forthcoming sales of Branthwaite and Onana. We need to stay in this league, and Dyche is going to take us down, so a change is needed!
Agree we need to stay up, but don`t like the way a lot are pointing the finger at Dyche for us being in the scrap we`re in. No points deduction, we`re comfortably staying up and a good improvement on the last few seasons. In the long term it won`t be good enough to be bottom half of the table, but we`d have been near bottom of the table had we had 6 points taken off us under Wafa or super frank. The players are getting away with poor performances week in week out, and they are the ones that have most to answer for.

interesting reply. Maupay was signed by lampard and never scored for either manager. Im in the maupay thread at the time of him leaving stating i didnt think it was the wisest choice to let him leave. I never thought maupay was a terrible player. But he wasnt the right fit for Everton at the time when we had no forwards fit. He hasnt got to do the same at brentford. Plus i just think certain players feel ok at certain clubs. He did well at brentford in the past. And i dont think brentford are that crap tbh. Losing toney for 8 months affected them. They've been an ok side in the main.
dddd.jpg

Toney came back about 10 games ago, right?

the points deduction is taking us down don’t worry about dycheola

But still
Under a good manager he is a good goalscorer.
That is a fact , as unpalatable as you find it.

So what happend after xmas under the good manager carlo ancelloti when calvert lewin hardly scored? Almost all his goals came in that 3 month spell leading up to xmas. Why did the goals dry up still under the good manager?

Im under no illusions regarding the squad, I dont think it should be challenging City, but it certainly shouldnt be going almost 4 months without winning a game of football.

Look at the positions of the team yesterday, look at the passing metrics, its a team that is badly coached.

Excellent managers get an extra 10% from the players, good managers get players playing at 100%, average managers get 70%, currently our manager has everybody at around 30%.
True this side has done historically well for other managers

Your excuses are as lame as Dyche's.

Brentford with fewer points than Everton are somehow not crap. For some reason it's important that Maupay was signed by Lampard and that Maupay never scored under Lampard (who is as clueless as Dyche).

Maupay is just another example showing that a competent manager makes a player better, an inept manager makes a player worse.