6 + 2 Point Deductions

Well the esk was exactly wrong once again.

Absolutely stunning, to sell Gordon, clean a bunch of people off the books, and still somehow end up so high on wages, higher on amortization, and lose 16m in sponsorships?

I didn't even think that was possible, but here they are truly doing the impossible
It beggars belief we've barely made a dent in the wages to turnover despite most of the higher earning players departing over the last few years. And that's the cost of a squad that's barely good enough to even compete in the PL. It's not just us either- the numbers across the league are awful. Being and remaining a PL club is almost financially unsustainable in itself.

I imagine that increase in amortisation will have drawn the eye of the IC at our hearing.

I doubt it mate.

Thats just our operating loss, a lot will be wiped off due to being Stadium related.

We wont know the breach until the commission publishes its report.
This is what I am expecting - well, hoping. The stadium is costing us mega money each year, but we should be able to discount that in profit and sustainability.

My worry is about other losses due to interest and whatnot.

It beggars belief we've barely made a dent in the wages to turnover despite most of the higher earning players departing over the last few years. And that's the cost of a squad that's barely good enough to even compete in the PL. It's not just us either- the numbers across the league are awful. Being and remaining a PL club is almost financially unsustainable in itself.

I imagine that increase in amortisation will have drawn the eye of the IC at our hearing.

so the relegation only gets rid of wages?

I doubt it mate.

Thats just our operating loss, a lot will be wiped off due to being Stadium related.

We wont know the breach until the commission publishes its report.
We can hope, but looking at it I'm not sure how much the stadium plays into it. The underlying non-stadium numbers are all bleak and worsening.

We should be able to get a massive chunk wiped off for the Stadium, as long as did the accounting right this time......
giphy.gif