Would you like Graham Potter in to replace Dyche?

Would you be happy with Potter over Dyche?

• Potterball me up

Votes: 112 41.8%
  • I'll stick with Hoof n rush Dycheball

Votes: 77 28.7%
  • Kippers, poached eggs and toast (alright, with cheese).

Votes: 46 17.2%
  • Someone else (please name)

Votes: 33 12.3%

• Total voters
Howe is an excellent manager. Had a lot of injuries this year and it was always going to go flat when they (very unluckily btw) got knocked out of the Champions league.
Excellent manager how? Got bournemouth up from the championship. Bounced around the bottom half of the PL before relegating them....hows that an impressive record. Is he the top 1% of manager that we are courting....
Stick Dyche up at Newcastle with unlimited spending power and see how he goes....i think he would do aswell as howe and not be making excuses about injuries when he has quality throughout the Newcastle squad.
Dyche gets slated for 'relegating' Burnley even though its because they ran out of cash, buts its OK for Eddie Howe to relegate Bournemouth and he can still be a great manager.....Give me a break.

Jagoba Arrasate from Osasuna is still my favoriite pick atm.

Still takes value in having a rigid defense and being good at set pieces, but lets his team press high, aiming for a lot of fast recoveries and then overrun the opponent with quick fast forward passes.

Proved to work with limited finances in a first level club for several years in a good league
Speaks English
developed players
gives youth a chance
Adapts matchplan and tactic depending on the opponent
uses subs mostly and not in min 80 onwards

Excellent manager how? Got bournemouth up from the championship. Bounced around the bottom half of the PL before relegating them....hows that an impressive record. Is he the top 1% of manager that we are courting....
Stick Dyche up at Newcastle with unlimited spending power and see how he goes....i think he would do aswell as howe and not be making excuses about injuries when he has quality throughout the Newcastle squad.
Dyche gets slated for 'relegating' Burnley even though its because they ran out of cash, buts its OK for Eddie Howe to relegate Bournemouth and he can still be a great manager.....Give me a break.

He took Bournemouth from 2nd bottom of league 2 to the Premier League.
‘Bounced around the bottom half of the Prem’? 😂. He was managing Bournemouth!! Pre takeover with 10k crowds, what do you want him to do, win the league!

And he took Newcastle from literally bottom to the Champions league in 18 months. I’m sure Dyche could do that 🤣.

9 of his squad v Chelsea the other night were bottom of the league with Bruce btw.

I don’t think you have a clue what you are talking about.

Last edited:

I'm not disagreeing hence why he was sacked by Chelsea.
Very few if any clubs these days would give their managers such time.
Everyone gets sacked by Chelsea. I’m not saying let’s get potter, but With a new owner/board sporting team and new stadium we should be looking to start a fresh With a more modern manager and look to build something long term. There’s no long term strategy with Dyche

Everyone gets sacked by Chelsea. I’m not saying let’s get potter, but With a new owner/board sporting team and new stadium we should be looking to start a fresh With a more modern manager and look to build something long term. There’s no long term strategy with Dyche
Did you see the money he spent at Chelsea ? and they were no better off than us when he was sacked.
He wouldn't have tuppence to spend here and the infrastructure for his style of play is not in place here as it was at Brighton.
Basically we're stuck with Dyche, the money it would cost to sack him and his team and appoint another manager would push us towards another points loss.
Getting rid of so many managers in such a short period of time is part of the reason we're in this mess.

Did you see the money he spent at Chelsea ? and they were no better off than us when he was sacked.
He wouldn't have tuppence to spend here and the infrastructure for his style of play is not in place here as it was at Brighton.
Basically we're stuck with Dyche, the money it would cost to sack him and his team and appoint another manager would push us towards another points loss.
Getting rid of so many managers in such a short period of time is part of the reason we're in this mess.
Another mushroom that doesn’t read and has his own agenda. NEW OWNER, NEW BOARD, NEW SPORTING TEAM, NEW GROUND. Chelsea have spent a billion on players in like 18 months, if they sack Poch next week you wouldn’t take him at Everton if there was a chance?. Because he got sacked at Chelsea.

And at least potter was in the running for a top job. None of the top 6 and loads of other teams over the last 6/7yrs who have tried to break into that group and push for Europe haven’t gone anywhere near dyche, that speaks volumes.

Everton, villa, West Ham, Leicester, Newcastle, Brighton, even Southampton who were 6th when we poached Koeman.

Certainly wasn’t Potter signing all those players. Probably was the last thing he wanted.
I’d keep Dyche until the summer or even the end of his contract but long term we need a coach that plays football, because Dyche style just brings diminishing returns - the game has moved on. It’s why Benitez is dreadful these days and even Mourinho is struggling.

He took Bournemouth from 2nd bottom of league 2 to the Premier League.
‘Bounced around the bottom half of the Prem’? 😂. He was managing Bournemouth!! Pre takeover with 10k crowds, what do you want him to do, win the league!

And he took Newcastle from literally bottom to the Champions league in 18 months. I’m sure Dyche could do that 🤣.

9 of his squad v Chelsea the other night were bottom of the league with Bruce btw.

I don’t think you have a clue what you are talking about.
Dyche is managing a crap squad, with zero money, angry fans that think we should be doing better with this squad, terrible owner and board, new stadium that is bankrupting us, and crap leaching owners possibly coming in....im afraid you speak down of Bournemouth but we are a way worse run club than them and have been for many decades.
Dyche is doing better than those that have come before him, some that very nearly relegated us with this almost same identical set of players. 'Improvements' given to him to turn around a firm relegation form team have been Ashley Young, Beto, Harrison, Danjuma and Chermiti...hes got us above relegation spots even after losing 6 points.
Howe would do no better at this club in this situation i can gaurenteed..i reckon he would bottle it. But its all subjective, and down to opinion. So you can insult me and call me clueless if you like, i will return the compliment to you. So then we can agree to differ and lay off any more insults hey?