Would you like Graham Potter in to replace Dyche?

Would you be happy with Potter over Dyche?

• Potterball me up

Votes: 112 41.8%
  • I'll stick with Hoof n rush Dycheball

Votes: 77 28.7%
  • Kippers, poached eggs and toast (alright, with cheese).

Votes: 46 17.2%
  • Someone else (please name)

Votes: 33 12.3%

• Total voters
I honestly think for the limited squad that we have, the limited financial resources we have and the mess we're in off the field that Dyche is still the man for the moment.
Potter I feel is a slow drip manager and would need 2-4 years once he had everything in place to show a significant improvement.
Once we have the time, space and resources we can safely look for an alternative replacement.
No way this fanbase has the patience for that. He'd be written off as a busted flush after 3 months.

Firstly, I've lost faith in Dyche in the last couple of months. The number of shots we are getting is deceiving us. All our chances are in congested areas with the entire defence facing us and therefore able to block more easily because we NEVER, EVER get behind defences. Then the players go to pieces anyway, which for me points to a lack of quality practice on the training field.

However, sacking him now would probably relgate us with these players. Wait til the summer and whether we have survived or not, it'll be time for him to go.

Its a strange one with dyche..on one hand, we should be 6 points better off, hes made us tougher to beat and more organised...however..hes also extremely stubborn, unable to adapt, tactically a bit clueless and without a win in 11 games he'd have been given the sack by now.
Weird, weird season
I think you are spot on.

We are hard to beat but sadly almost unwatchable.

A bit like a Poundland Atletico Madrid under Simeone

I mean, it's a small sample but Potter after Brighton has been a disaster. Brighton after Potter...not so much.
Well Potter went to the only club that's even more of a basket case than Everton and failed. Is Poch pulling up trees there? No

If nothing else it's good preparation for the chaos at Everton.

But Potter , like Bielsa , definitely isn't the sort of manager you appoint mid season.

As of 09:27 13/03/24 a Brexit-esque 52.4% want Potter or A.N.Other (combined) over Dyche

38% would like Potter.

Make of that what you will.
I wonder if that figure it partly influenced by people wanting Dyche out but not wanting to go to the trouble of specifying the 'someone else.'

Personally, I have no idea.

I don't see how Dyche does anything other than drag us down to base Burnley levels given enough time. Maybe we're there already.

But I don't know who the right person would be if we were to get rid.

I think our major problem is that we don't have someone with significant footballing insight making decisions like this. Thelwell doesn't impress me, and we're totally rudderless above him.

You'll just want Potter sacked six mouths from now when we're still crap. Why waste the clubs time and money on another pointless and expensive exercise.......🙄
It’s called having a modern manager/coach and having a long term plan, we’ve never had a plan under moshiri and that needs to change with hopefully new owners and board

I mean, it's a small sample but Potter after Brighton has been a disaster. Brighton after Potter...not so much.
And it was Chelsea, who have sacked better mangers than potter. I suppose the fact he got a top job is telling. Dyche ain’t ever in the conversation for top jobs

It’s called having a modern manager/coach and having a long term plan, we’ve never had a plan under moshiri and that needs to change with hopefully new owners and board
We've had a "modern manager" here not so long ago in Silva and he got chased out. You'd just do the same with the next patsy and want a "steady eddy" next. And so the cycle will continue. We've done this nonsense over and over and over and over again now so many times. I really don't known what its gonna take to make the penny drop with some of you at this point......🙄

We've had a "modern manager" here not so long ago in Silva and he got chased out. You'd just do the same with the next patsy and want a "steady eddy" next. And so the cycle will continue. We've done this nonsense over and over and over and over again now so many times. I really don't known what its gonna take to make the penny drop with some of you at this point......🙄
Well obviously you just have tunnel vision. And can’t be bothered to read what I put
I mentioned moshiri, he got rid of silva, Brands wanted to keep him.

Hopefully new owners, will let football people run the football side of the club, what a novel idea that would be

Dont we have enough evidence from the last 15 years that switching manager every 2 years or less is not a recipe for success?

Cant be bothered to look it up, but something like
Martinez 3 years
Silver 2 years
Allardyce half a year
Benitez 1 year
Lampard 2 years
Ferguson half a year
Dyche 1 year so far

...you get the point.

Not to mention the rotating door upstairs.

Dont we have enough evidence from the last 15 years that switching manager every 2 years or less is not a recipe for success?

Cant be bothered to look it up, but something like
Martinez 3 years
Silver 2 years
Allardyce half a year
Benitez 1 year
Lampard 2 years
Ferguson half a year
Dyche 1 year so far

...you get the point.

Not to mention the rotating door upstairs.
Ancellotti 1 year

Silva really isn't that modern as such, he is a bit more front footed but he is very stubborn and won't change shape even when Fulham are getting battered. He is a steady "eddy type" for me, when it works Fulham can look decent but when it doesn't they look awful and he rarely knows how to change it, his tactics are dreadful at times.