6 + 2 Point Deductions

I dont support points deductions for off field issues for any club

It wouldn't be consistent for me to believe our points deduction is a disgrace (which I do) and then say others deserve deductions. That doesn't mean we don't need consistency because consistency is obviously important moving forward. But what I would absolutely prefer is no points deductions at all for any teams, not deductions for lots of non top 6 clubs.

Villa have put together a side that is better than some of the top 6. And now these totally absurd rules might well punish then for it.
Sure, and I agree about the sanctions but wasn’t really commenting on sanctions. My point was just that Villa did a bunch of stuff we did so I’ve no issue with them being limited by FFP- they’ve taken on some ridiculous wages (as did we) and signed a bunch of players too old for resale value (as did we) and they must have known sales would be required at some point unless they thought that 100m for Grealish was an annual payment.

Yes, they’ve put together a really strong side but they didn’t do it by magic, they did it with serious spending and would have been aware of the flipside of those short term decisions in terms of having work to do to comply with FFP.

It won’t be generating any revenue until August 2025 though.

I imagine there will be other events at the stadium before the first team kick a ball in there mate. It won't be a great deal but there will be revenue.

- Women's footy
- Concerts
- Possible international games
- Other sports, boxing or NFL etc...
- Corporate stuff

Where are we getting this Villa rumour from?
Villa have been loosing money for years they've just announced 120million loss for 2023..... they haven't made a profit for at least 12 years. Their numbers are as bad as ours.

1709640263258.png

I imagine there will be other events at the stadium before the first team kick a ball in there mate. It won't be a great deal but there will be revenue.

- Women's footy
- Concerts
- Possible international games
- Other sports, boxing or NFL etc...
- Corporate stuff
I think it has chance to bring in some revenue as you say, but I don't see a level of revenue coming in which could make a massive impact to our 2025 financial reports. I think we have 2 years more of sailing close to the wind, 2024 and 2025. Hopefully by 2026, the fruits of the stadium will be seen.

I dont support points deductions for off field issues for any club

It wouldn't be consistent for me to believe our points deduction is a disgrace (which I do) and then say others deserve deductions. That doesn't mean we don't need consistency because consistency is obviously important moving forward. But what I would absolutely prefer is no points deductions at all for any teams, not deductions for lots of non top 6 clubs.

Villa have put together a side that is better than some of the top 6. And now these totally absurd rules might well punish then for it.
Exactly. The threat of punishment for Villa unless they sell big in the next 12 months should highlight just how absurd these rules are for anyone but 6 clubs.
Our plight alone won’t get anything changed - that’s why it’s good to see other clubs potentially in trouble.

I think it has chance to bring in some revenue as you say, but I don't see a level of revenue coming in which could make a massive impact to our 2025 financial reports. I think we have 2 years more of sailing close to the wind, 2024 and 2025. Hopefully by 2026, the fruits of the stadium will be seen.

the fruits of the stadium won’t be seen if we are
in the championship

It feels to me that clubs have been close for a few years, posting some spurious numbers, but have just been given a warning behind the scenes. Almost a gentleman's agreement that 'don't take the mickey and we'll let it slide'.

Then though, Newcastle got bought after the PL tried to stop it, over what could quite possibly have been pressure off the Scab 6. The fact that it was almost certainly Govt. pressure that pushed it through added more weight than they could realistically fight.

I do wonder if the scab 6 conceded alongside the PL, on the basis that the PL become much more stringent on the PSR rules to effectively give them the secured position for income that they were seeking from the ESL