Relegation 23/24 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
My 'half glass empty' perspective =. What a missed opportunity to make the gap bigger between us and teams below.
My 'half glass full' perspective= That's another round of fixtures gone and no-one gained any points on us.

It's a funny old game etc etc.
Unfortunately there will come a week when we get another points deduction, all the sides will gain without a round of games being played.

I think the most optimistic will say it will be at least 3 deducted which puts us 2 clear of Luton who have Bournemouth as their game in hand.

Had we won just 1 or 2 of the last 10 there would be no issue whatsoever. All ifs and buts, the situation is what it is, we need points and the only way I see that coming is with a new manager bounce, Dyche is out of ideas, no wins in 10 PL games, over a quarter of the season, and 1 win in 13... the sort of runs that saw off Benitez and Lampard, got to be the same for Dyche, he can`t turn this around.

I don’t know where you’re getting the three teams coming up will be better than the ones going down.

Burnley ran away with the Championship last year and look how they’ve fared so far.

If Leeds come up, the usual bunch of pants pissers, will turn then into the Brazil 1970’s team, just like they were doing with this years housewife’s favourite, Luton.

Leicester should have what it takes not to get relegated, but as for the other two teams, no one else is exactly setting that league alight this season.
Because the 3 that went down weren`t in there, those 3 should hit numbers which will eclipse the Burnley totals from last season.

Leicester, Leeds and Southampton still have Premier League players, the 3 that came up this season did not, not at all.

Next season will be a much much more competitive league and if we are like we are this season we will almost certainly be relegated.

Because the 3 that went down weren`t in there, those 3 should hit numbers which will eclipse the Burnley totals from last season.

Leicester, Leeds and Southampton still have Premier League players, the 3 that came up this season did not, not at all.

Next season will be a much much more competitive league and if we are like we are this season we will almost certainly be relegated

Nice to see you’ve finally managed to get your crystal ball working again.

You kind of can though, because they are. Yesterday's result was obviously bad and massively frustrating but the rest of the weekend was a reminder of how few points are actually won at the arse end of the table. Of the realistic relegation contenders we lost just one point to five teams.

In one sense that's hugely infuriating, because we'd need to do SO LITTLE to get away but can't but it's also a reminder that no one result at this stage spells complete disaster. It's crazy to think that having not won for two and a half months we'd still be in 13th without the deduction, and a reminder how much crap is out there that very few teams would've got past us during that run.

Teams do start to pick up in the final two months though so that's the warning period.

Remember 21/22? Burnley actually took 11 points from their final 8 fixtures but it wasn't enough. Leeds took 9 points from last 8 games, this club with 11 points so identical record. They were all far better points hauls than the Feb-April period.

And again last season Leicester finished with 9 points from their final 7 games so a far better ratio than what they were doing from Boxing day up to when Brendan Rodgers was sacked.

Luton got 12 games left now. If they do slightly better than a point a game that would leave them on 33/35 points so that warning needs to be heeded as there's still significant work to do to get up to that points margin.

Unfortunately there will come a week when we get another points deduction, all the sides will gain without a round of games being played.

I think the most optimistic will say it will be at least 3 deducted which puts us 2 clear of Luton who have Bournemouth as their game in hand.

Had we won just 1 or 2 of the last 10 there would be no issue whatsoever. All ifs and buts, the situation is what it is, we need points and the only way I see that coming is with a new manager bounce, Dyche is out of ideas, no wins in 10 PL games, over a quarter of the season, and 1 win in 13... the sort of runs that saw off Benitez and Lampard, got to be the same for Dyche, he can`t turn this around.

What about Forest who’ll also get a deduction?

Next season will be a much much more competitive league and if we are like we are this season we will almost certainly be relegated.

Leicester and Leeds got incredibly complacent in the transfer market last time. Because of FFP Leicester could hardly sign anyone and their squad got demotivated (it was still more than good enough to stay up). I actually think they need to strengthen in 3-4 areas as it's a bit Burnley in some areas but they surely have enough to invest to stay up.

Leeds needed a striker but Rutter flopped at prem level. Even at championship level he's only scored 7 so they'll need to invest in a decent CF but rest of side is looking decent with Summerville and Archie Gray excellent young players who've established themselves.

Ipswich or Southampton or someone else will likely struggle with general lack of experience so you'd hope that's one spot sewn up but I can't believe the other two coming up will be as bad as Burnley.

What about Forest who’ll also get a deduction?
Since we last won a game Forest have beaten Newcastle, Man Utd and West Ham. Drawn with Bournemouth...

So in the last 10 games Forest have earnt 10 points, us 5... Forest last 3 is Villa (A) lost 4-2, Man Utd (H) lost 1-0 and Liverpool (H) lost 1-0.

They have literally double the points in the last 10 games.... yes we got more points overall but the days of us winning games have gone and they have something about them, come their points deduction they will be at least that clear of us.

It is a straight shoot out between us and Luton, we obviously have another points deduction coming.

They are exactly the type of team that will beat us at Goodison.... Forest have Sheff Utd, Chelsea and Burnley in their last 3 games. Ours is likely to be Sheff Utd, Liverpool and Arsenal, we need to be guarateed safe by the 3rd last game of the season....

I can`t see that, big trouble coming our way, that is why we needed 10 back.

Since we last won a game Forest have beaten Newcastle, Man Utd and West Ham. Drawn with Bournemouth...

So in the last 10 games Forest have earnt 10 points, us 5... Forest last 3 is Villa (A) lost 4-2, Man Utd (H) lost 1-0 and Liverpool (H) lost 1-0.

They have literally double the points in the last 10 games.... yes we got more points overall but the days of us winning games have gone and they have something about them, come their points deduction they will be at least that clear of us.

It is a straight shoot out between us and Luton, we obviously have another points deduction coming.

They are exactly the type of team that will beat us at Goodison.... Forest have Sheff Utd, Chelsea and Burnley in their last 3 games. Ours is likely to be Sheff Utd, Liverpool and Arsenal, we need to be guarateed safe by the 3rd last game of the season....

I can`t see that, big trouble coming our way, that is why we needed 10 back.

So teams that are on long winless streaks can no longer win any games? Ok, that means Luton can’t win another game because they’ve lost their last 4. That’s how this works isn’t it?

Status
Not open for further replies.