6 + 2 Point Deductions

No, I dont.

He wasnt worth more than 60m.
Richy was 23/24 when we sold him. He'd regularly score 10-15 goals a season, while most of the time not even playing him as a CF. Proven himself at international level as a solid number 9 (for Brazil or all teams).

80m for a proven young striker, vital to our set up, going to a rival who will undoubtedly had money and also looking for a replacement for one of the best strikers in the league (so clearly valued him) doesn't seem unreasonable. Harry Maguire was 80m after all.

Richy was 23/24 when we sold him. He'd regularly score 10-15 goals a season, while most of the time not even playing him as a CF. Proven himself at international level as a solid number 9 (for Brazil or all teams).

80m for a proven young striker, vital to our set up, going to a rival who will undoubtedly had money and also looking for a replacement for one of the best strikers in the league (so clearly valued him) doesn't seem unreasonable. Harry Maguire was 80m after all.
Gabriel Jesus cost 45million, but if you think Richy was worth more than 60m then nothing I can say will change your view and mine certainly won't change.

And that's ok, we all have different opinions.

Thanks for sharing and welcome to Grand Old Team.

No clue tbh mate it bores me to tears the finance stuff but I suspect interest payments on loans are massive.
Thanks for the welcome and great to be here. I was worried about boring people with figures! I would say that if interest charges are massive that can only be because of the stadium build and the club should be able to prove that.

The monstrosity that is the EPL has created the environment in which 6 clubs can spend and do whatever they like. The other 16 are in the wacky races taking turns to try and play catch up on the 6. This can only be done by spending more and more each season. The EPL have penalised us for been unsuccessful on the playing field and spending poorly on transfers and wages. . Ultimately their corrupt approach to funding clubs has hurt individual supporters deeply. The EPL monolith is structurally so like the Post Office that hard questions must be asked and answered of its unrivalled mendacity.
20 - 6 = 14

You might want to consider changing your username.

The key information we are missing in order to see whether we have breached the rules a second time is the '23 accounts.

Using the '22 accounts I've tried to estimate the losses for this year. I estimate that turnover is £20m higher due to broadcasting income. I think player sales is £14m less. Other costs roughly the same. Interest costs roughly £2m more. That would mean roughly a loss of £40m compared to '22 when losses were £44m.

However remember the losses for '22 were reported as £13.5m after allowing for academy, women's league and community costs, roughly £30m.

Thus surely the figures for the 3 years to 2023 should be £53m + £13.5 + £10m which totals £76.5m and is below the threshold of £105m!

Now I realise I don't have access to the accounts and have had to make certain assumptions, but I would welcome your feedback.
You are right without sight of the 22/23 accounts it is very much a guessing game but there are a couple of bits and pieces already in the public domain

PL TV Income in 21/22 was £110.39 million in 22/23 was £113.30 million. A small rise but not close to £20 million

In 21/22 other income from FA cup prize money was around £400k in 22/23 nothing. Share of gate receipts in 21/22 would be more than the one game at Old Trafford in 22/23.

The income from the EFL in 21/22 &22/23 would be negligible.

Other costs will be showing significant growth. Inflation was everywhere from utility costs gas and electric , insurances , travel costs, steward and non playing staff will have been paid more, I can’t even guess by what % the £36 million other operating costs will have risen but they will have increased .

One simple example is Business rates. In 21/22 Finch Farm and Goodison along with multiple other businesses were revalued the combined rateable value went up from £3.135 million to £4.98 million the rate paid in the £ was 51p. That meant the rates paid jumped from £1.5 million to £2.5 million. I don’t think there would have been any transitional relief ( discount)

Most of Evertons non stadium borrowing costs are set at a % above Bank of England rates those rates rose by circa 4% on 22/23 . Just one of the loans was for £150 million so costs on that one alone would have gone up by £6 million.

As many have said and it’s 100% not increasing the £105 by some sort of inflation adds to the reasons FFP is so flawed.

Which bit are you struggling with?

£59m to £55m to £10m is trending in the right direction.
For us to be in breach again, and with £59m falling off, our latest loss must be at least £40m

£10m to £40m is not trending in the right direction. We don't know what that £40m number actually is, but it must be in that range or bigger for us to be facing a second PSR charge.
Don't forget the losses per the '22 accounts was £44m but they show a loss of £13.5m after adjusting for academy, women's league and community costs. Therefore a loss in '23 of £40m should surely allow the same reduction!

Not, not really, there's a couple who 'could' get sucked In, but given the PL don't seem to have finished playing silly buggers yet, we're one of the 3 main contenders for the 18th place short straw.
It is really annoying that we have 12 games left and we need to keep ahead of rivals on the pitch and what happens in some Committee Room in some building someplace. Even if we do manage to keep ahead of our rivals on the pitch the men in suits might sink us anyway. Not a good situation

You are right without sight of the 22/23 accounts it is very much a guessing game but there are a couple of bits and pieces already in the public domain

PL TV Income in 21/22 was £110.39 million in 22/23 was £113.30 million. A small rise but not close to £20 million

In 21/22 other income from FA cup prize money was around £400k in 22/23 nothing. Share of gate receipts in 21/22 would be more than the one game at Old Trafford in 22/23.

The income from the EFL in 21/22 &22/23 would be negligible.

Other costs will be showing significant growth. Inflation was everywhere from utility costs gas and electric , insurances , travel costs, steward and non playing staff will have been paid more, I can’t even guess by what % the £36 million other operating costs will have risen but they will have increased .

One simple example is Business rates. In 21/22 Finch Farm and Goodison along with multiple other businesses were revalued the combined rateable value went up from £3.135 million to £4.98 million the rate paid in the £ was 51p. That meant the rates paid jumped from £1.5 million to £2.5 million. I don’t think there would have been any transitional relief ( discount)

Most of Evertons non stadium borrowing costs are set at a % above Bank of England rates those rates rose by circa 4% on 22/23 . Just one of the loans was for £150 million so costs on that one alone would have gone up by £6 million.

As many have said and it’s 100% not increasing the £105 by some sort of inflation adds to the reasons FFP is so flawed.
Ok that's good information. I didn't have broadcasting figures so I googled it and that's where I got the £20m.

We need to be getting out publicly making our points ahead of the second charge. Making sure all the media know our arguments and getting our message across. Make sure everyone knows how absurd it would be for another points deductions in the same season for the same thing.

Forget about cooperation with the league, it means absolutely nothing. I want to see the club representing the fans, not just leaving Dyche to field the questions.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back