6 + 2 Point Deductions

Because there is a chance we may get more points deducted for the 2nd charge. We may get 0, we may get 8. I would guess we get 2 max, but we just dont know atm.

Also, say Forest are in that last relegation spot by a point, and we may think we are clear of them. Then Forest (like we just have) get points back after appeal, putting them up a place.

Just go with staying in front of forest and at least 8 above luton
For both clubs.
Best to look at the worse case scenario.
It's Everton
Forest are not media darlings so expect them to get a hiding as well.
Meanwhile we get brought up twice in a season ,
man city go on on because they have a job lot.
Why not just pick one out the prem think they have them bang to rights for and say
well we will start here and go on?
Soon as that's finished do another.
Done it to us why the difficulties.
Getting city up before them.

Yeah, they can wait until the final table and play God.

We need to get 8+ points clear of 3rd bottom*.

*if thats forest, and includes their deduction - then we need to add more points in case they get some back. Its like a never ending circle of chinese water torture.
We just need to be 6 clear of Luton from where things stand now. I don't know where this fear or admiration of them has come from, they've lost their last 3, one of their wins was against Sheffield United and they also managed to lose to them

Yup, or Palace, Bournemouth, Brentford, etc - whoever ends up in that last spot. Perhaps 8 though not 6. Worst case scenario, knowing how seemingly desperate the PL are to put us down.

Hoping we hit a run of form similar to that after the initial points deduction so we can accumulate enough points to soak up another deduction if it comes.

I've no idea what the likely outome of the next hearing/breach will be but I'd just like us to take it out of the PL's hands by not being utter dog turd and climbing the table, unlikely I know and a bit of fanciful thinking but a man can dream.

Because there is a chance we may get more points deducted for the 2nd charge. We may get 0, we may get 8. I would guess we get 2 max, but we just dont know atm.

Also, say Forest are in that last relegation spot by a point, and we may think we are clear of them. Then Forest (like we just have) get points back after appeal, putting them up a place.

Why couldn’t we also get points back on appeal then?

I doubt we were over the 35 for that year. We were only ever over it because they do it over a 3 year period. That changes now that 2 years of that have already been dealt with and punished for. Have to wait and see but i am more optimistic about it now than i was before we won the appeal.

Yeah, assuming that we are under £(35) then the hope is that the PL have charged us based upon (£105) over 3 years, but we will be judged upon (£35) over 1.

Truth is though, as with the first one, we will have no visibility of numbers until the hearing has happened.

Hoping we hit a run of form similar to that after the initial points deduction so we can accumulate enough points to soak up another deduction if it comes.

I've no idea what the likely outome of the next hearing/breach will be but I'd just like us to take it out of the PL's hands by not being utter dog turd and climbing the table, unlikely I know and a bit of fanciful thinking but a man can dream.
Yup, exactly. We now have a good idea of what the min / max consequence of the second charge could be and even at the upper end it can be surmounted with performances on the pitch. Time for the players to do their bit and make it irrelevant.

Hopefully we can get a 'chelsea' fan on to persuade us its worse case for us and best case for forest, all according to their honest opinion of course
Is it Whataboutery at its finest ?
Like the wrongdoer in school pointing fingers at everyone when he gets caught doing naughties .
Or is he a straightforward WUM ?

Either way he's close to going on ignore.

Knowing the Prem now a little better, it wouldn’t surprise me if it was 6 for us, and 6 down to 2 for Forest after a fast-tracked appeal. They really want us down.

Im hoping for less, like most Blues and LOTS for Forest. Just not expecting good news.

It will definitely be lower than 6. We probably haven't made the same accounting error where we applied our own mitigation upfront to the numbers (Something the judgment picks up on that it has made the breach worse). All our trends show our spending has almost stopped in that period which by EFL rules will allow a couple of points reduction for trying to comply. And we've already been charged for periods that the 2nd charge also looks at. 4 should be the max and tbf we should get even less than that.

Yup, exactly. We now have a good idea of what the min / max consequence of the second charge could be and even at the upper end it can be surmounted with performances on the pitch. Time for the players to do their bit and make it irrelevant.
Yup. I’m expecting a MOTM performance from James Garner at the weekend now that he has been boosted by four points. The self-pity has been nauseating. Get out and win some football games.