6 + 2 Point Deductions

Just wish they'd do away with ffp rules, things would settle down quickly, everyone would know where they stood and there wouldn't be the mess there is now.
We are building a stadium for god's sake. I mean look at the 11 players who started at the weekend and tell me that we have spent big money on payers in the last 3 years.

Pickford - bought before the 3 year period.
Tarkowski - Free
Branthwaite - 750K
Godfrey - 20M
Mykolenko - 17M
Harrison - Loan
Gueye - 2M
Garner - 9M
McNeil - 20M
Doucoure - 20M
Calvert-Lewin - bought before the accounting period.

88M pound spent on a team that is worthy of a 6 point deduction for breaking the rules.

We'd already admitted guilt, I'd assume the legal advice was you can't undo that, so try to get it reduced the best way you can.

But have we admitted guilt for the second charge? you'd hope not...

Also worth remembering that, if in the worst case we get a second deduction, we may have set a precedent that gains us 8 points vs the previous worst case scenario. that's points that LUTON have to make up. Playing the long game it may work out
We didn't 'admit guilt' per se - we just had to 'acknowledge' the second breach in relation to the mitigations surrounding the first.

Same as an injury apparently

Baffling to me.... but then what would I know

Can you imagine the rs not being allowed to play Salah, or City without Haaland, yet with financial prudence a club should have a 200m replacement just sitting on the bench just in case that ever happens.

It's absolutely pathetic. He was our record signing ffs so we wouldn't have had a like for like replacement
Just more examples of them pulling the process and punishment right out of their arses. It’s just insane.

Hate that we’ve took the head pat and belly rub by the looks of it - the club doesn’t represent me at all on this.

The focus of our appeal seemed more about clearing our name that we acted in bad faith rather than wanting points back. We just don’t want people to think we meant to do wrong.

Pathetic club.
Gave a nice PR line from the club on our statement. It still says we misled over the loans. Idiots

Got 2 points back for arguing it was stupid to be more than going bust, and 2 back for proving losses were improving.

I’d take this same IC group for the second charge to be honest. Don’t agree with all of it, but far more reasoned with clearly explanations for their decisions. And from what I’ve seen so far, happy to say the first IC was downright wrong.

I thought the guess was 3points per £5m - which is why the Prem were advocating 12 points as suitable deduction prior first hearing.

So we should have a model now for Nottingham Forest - but.... do we?

So even a “football finance expert” doesn’t know what Forest breach amount is. So it’s all guesswork