Dyche In Or Out

Sack?

• Yes sack

Votes: 63 20.4%
  • No stay

Votes: 246 79.6%

• Total voters
If we were in a situation like West Ham that got 6, 7, 14 and most likely upper half of the table with a manager that delivers the points, but not really an attractive play style and expiring contract, I would say, it's time to get someone with a more pro active approach in summer and to move on. We all know Dyche won't ever be the manager to play mind-blowing fooball, but knows to put a team together that looks stable most of times and defensively well. At the moment, he is the right manager to get us out of relegation with rather mediocre football.

I'm not keen on Dyche, I hate the style of Football and I don't seen what improvements he's made.

He has arguably a better squad than Lampard but still a terrible record. Those 4 wins in a row look like an anomaly, he cant seem to win from behind and when a team goes in front we really struggle. There doesn't seem to be a plan B or any direction and his team selections are baffling. He also takes an age to change anything.

But I'm that fed up with Everton that I'm struggling to care anymore.

It’s a very hard question to answer …

The footy is terrible , like really bad.

But the players also can’t do any of the basics . Lampard tried getting them to play football and our defence was penatrated by more footballers tham Katie price

Rafael played counter attacking and we were getting beat every week.

I like dyche , he’s honest etc and works hard and part of me wants to see what he can do with time and money to buy other players.

Trouble is we have no money and I’m not confident enough to give him what limited funds we would have

For me, he's not the manager i want.

However, given our circumstances and his ability to drag sides out of trouble and work on a smaller budget he's the stability we need right now.

Ask yourself who in their right mind is coming here, given we've barely got a budget, the uncertainty at the club and a fanbase who's on the cusp of a meltdown. Then ask yourself of those who would come, would any do better than Dyche? No for me.

At times we've played well this season, I think off field situations are finally taking their toll.

Given the last couple of seasons, I think everyone would have taken 10 points above the relegation zone and cruising to midtable, which is where we'd be had it not been for the deduction.

Think perspective is needed.
It is, but this is used as a "he's also the one for the future he'll do well with more money" excuse for him, because we're doing allegedly okay given the circumstances.

The perspective is also needed on the pitch though, if that's the case - no wins in the league this year, some of the actual worst and most negative football we've seen in ages, a poor start, what seems like it would be a poor finish as well. We can't hinge our entire seasons on maybe going on a run of 4 wins again and play for draws in the other 34 games. It was his MO at Burnley, it will be his MO here, it will be his MO in his next job - it's who Dyche is, and it shouldn't be how Everton play.

For me, he's not the manager i want.

However, given our circumstances and his ability to drag sides out of trouble and work on a smaller budget he's the stability we need right now.

Ask yourself who in their right mind is coming here, given we've barely got a budget, the uncertainty at the club and a fanbase who's on the cusp of a meltdown. Then ask yourself of those who would come, would any do better than Dyche? No for me.

At times we've played well this season, I think off field situations are finally taking their toll.

Given the last couple of seasons, I think everyone would have taken 10 points above the relegation zone and cruising to midtable, which is where we'd be had it not been for the deduction.

Think perspective is needed.
You are absolutely correct and the analysis is flawless provided you don't actually watch the turgid drivel that he serves up masquerading as football.

However if the sole aim is to stay in the division then yes he's the best man for the job I guess.

Me ? At the end of the season if we stay up or go down I'd be tempted roll the dice ,sell a few players , get a more progressive coach in and allow him to spend some of the proceeds on younger , technically better players.

Here's my fear.
Say we don't get the points back and we get relegated finishing like 4 points off 17th
There'll be a lot of "it's not Dyches fault, we should be 15th"
Then we get stuck in the championship playing Dycheball. He might get us up, then we'll be right back where we are now.
So thanks to the caveat of the points deduction, we could be stuck with him for a long time.

We wont be changing him this season but shuld definitely change in the summer no matter what league we're in.

Would there be a poll if we were 11th? Simple as, we can't always blame the gaffer. I mean what can you do when you have young who things he is mbappe in attack? He does make questionable decisions, such as starting dcl who is absolutely crap but even if we sacked him, who would come in?

Here's my fear.
Say we don't get the points back and we get relegated finishing like 4 points off 17th
There'll be a lot of "it's not Dyches fault, we should be 15th"
Then we get stuck in the championship playing Dycheball. He might get us up, then we'll be right back where we are now.
So thanks to the caveat of the points deduction, we could be stuck with him for a long time.

We wont be changing him this season but shuld definitely change in the summer no matter what league we're in.
Still amusing how people genuinely think this - we've played for a draw at home, unsuccessfully, all season, including Luton early on when they were getting spanked worse than us lol If that's not on Dyche he's absolutely getting away with murder.

If we were in a situation like West Ham that got 6, 7, 14 and most likely upper half of the table with a manager that delivers the points, but not really an attractive play style and expiring contract, I would say, it's time to get someone with a more pro active approach in summer and to move on. We all know Dyche won't ever be the manager to play mind-blowing fooball, but knows to put a team together that looks stable most of times and defensively well. At the moment, he is the right manager to get us out of relegation with rather mediocre football.
Why is there a perception that "A man like Dyche" is the guy to get us out of a relegation fight? Surely the right guy is whoever wins football matches however those results come, I`d certainly say in a relegation scrap you need a strong home form but ours is woeful, totally inept, so why is Dyche the right man?

Set Pieces has saved his bacon this year, just loading the big fellas in on the keeper.

You are absolutely correct and the analysis is flawless provided you don't actually watch the turgid drivel that he serves up masquerading as football.

However if the sole aim is to stay in the division then yes he's the best man for the job I guess.

Me ? At the end of the season if we stay up or go down I'd be tempted roll the dice ,sell a few players , get a more progressive coach in and allow him to spend some of the proceeds on younger , technically better players.
I don't think there's an Evertonian that would disagree with the sentiment that Dyche is not who we'd want when we get out of financial purgatory

The issue, however, is that we are likely to be in financial purgatory for quite a while.

The reality is that without our ownership situation getting sorted, we are going to need to play turgid drivel masquerading as football. We can't overhaul our current squad without any money. Or a plan on signing cheaper players. Because we had directors of football who haven't been allowed to follow such a plan.

So here we are

I get what your saying with the we would be 12th shouts, its a travesty, and your roght the team is dire however, and I'm aware its mainly media chat but look at the players we could lose in the Summer and these aren't going to Sheffield United or forest

Pickford- linked to Chelsea
Myko - arsenal
Branthwaite- everyone
Garner- spurs
Onana- host of cl clubs Inc barca
Doucs - host of CL European clubs

That's half the team who are deemed good enough to play at the top level. Does the other half drag them down that much. Or is it something else? Tactics maybe? If your happy watching that, good on yer. But I'm not and so are others. I don't speak fir everyone here I only speak for me, and I don't like dyches approach. I think it's costing us and I've already stated how.

I haven't heard or read anyone who thinks we should be top 6, if you point them in my direction I'll happily drive them to the looney bin

Sadly it’s a squad game, so yes it does show how poor we are.

We don’t have replacements and it can also be argued that Dyche is getting the best out of those players and therefore that is why there is interest. As previously for some of them there really wasn’t interest.