Rank our recent managers.

Interesting take on Ancelotti - he had some equally horrendous results at home in his full season in charge. Strugglers like West Ham, Fulham, Burnley, Villa and Sheff Utd all got 3 points at Goodison in the second half of 20/21 season.
getting us to 59 points is nothing to sniff at

Benitez was an awful coach ,The koeman era still haunts us, buying £100m of players with zero sell on fee whilst down grading the squad was quite something.

Moyes
Ancelotti
Dyche
Martinez
Silva
Allardyce
Benitez
Lampard
Koeman

I think Martinez gets way too much credit on here. Got gifted prime Howard Baines Coleman Heitinga Mirallas Naismith Fellaini Jelavic, good experienced pros in Jagielka Distin Osman Pienaar, and crucially two of our best prospects in Barkley and Stones.

He was then able to add Lukaku Barry McCarthy Deulofeu to that mix.

First season aside he should have done a lot better with that group of players. An attacking line up of Lukaku Mirallas Barkley with Deulofeu Jelavic Naismith Kone off the bench ffs Dyche would dream for those sort of options. 10 years later and Coleman is still our best right back and injury ravaged current Barkley would walk into our midfield.

….Benitez definitely the worst because of the disruption he caused on and off the pitch.

I stand by my view that Dyche should go down as one of the all time best if we’re still in the top flight next season. I’d actually only have Catterick and Kendall ahead of him in terms of achievement.
Joe Royle?

Moyes - started right by making a clear statement about who wasnt good enough, but was too loyal to some players and suffered for it. By the end the squad were too institutionalized in his methods and although it got us 7th/8th every year they could have done more.

Martinez - that first season was great, but he made the mistake of thinking it was down to his way of playing rather than a mix of things (taking off the brakes that Moyes had put on them, Rom's impact, a counterattacking style of play). He refused to change his mind and was rightly sacked. Perhaps the most annoying person on this list because if he had instead looked at what worked in the first season we would probably have won something.

Koeman - another one whose ego couldn't make him realise what was directly in front of his face. How he completely ignored that City game and the way we bossed them really did my head in a great deal, as did his treatment of Niasse which was outright bullying.

Allardyce - just crap

Silva - the second half of his first season was great, it was like he figured us out and some of the football (United at home especially) was top drawer. How he went from that to the dog vomit that was the second season was something he will need to explain himself because it made no sense to me. His treatment of Kean was also weird.

Ancelotti - the best manager we've ever had in terms of ability, but was clearly phoning it in for most of his time here with a squad that was nothing like the people he'd played with or managed previously. Even at 10% of his effort he was still miles better than everyone else, mind - that Wolves away game that he won is the greatest managerial performance I've ever seen; to this day I have no idea how he did it.

Benitez - I maintain the only reason he was appointed was because the owner wanted to punish everyone associated with this club. I will never not be convinced that he was deliberately trying to relegate us. The only Everton manager that I have hated.

Lampard - kept us up after Benitez so not entirely negative, but I really do not understand what he was trying to do.

Dyche - kept us up after Lampard so not entirely negative, and has largely sorted out the defence. I also like how he did the right thing with regards to Keane / Branthwaite, which not many of the others above would have done. If he can get someone scoring goals we will be alright.