6 + 2 Point Deductions

Indeed, but that's context. I'm interested in cold hard points on the board.

We're struggling. If we're truthful the run before Christmas caught many of us by surprise. We don't look like replicating it.

Last win Dec 16th. No win in 7 league games. Strikers who don't know what the goal is anymore.

Now, it is possible we'll hit another veign of form. What I don't understand is this absolute confidence we definitely wouldn't be in trouble.

Food for thought, right?

Seeing as you’re only interested in points on the board, we have 29 points on the board. What are your thoughts on that?

Why though? Just because you want to wallow in negativity?

Their form is worse than ours and they’re without their 3 best players through injury. Give your head a wobble.
Not really, i'm just offering a sober assessment. Saying we'd definitely be safe is baseless optimistic and quasi-magical thinking.

Surprised you're so optimistic tbf Mike, you are quite realistic about Dyche's limitations and hyper-aware of DCL's goal shyness. It doesn't map to thinking were definitely okay.

Not really, i'm just offering a sober assessment. Saying we'd definitely be safe is baseless optimistic and quasi-magical thinking.

Surprised you're so optimistic tbf Mike, you are quite realistic about Dyche's limitations and hyper-aware of DCL's goal shyness. It doesn't map to thinking were definitely okay.

Nobody is saying that. Who has said that?

Writing off a home game against Crystal Palace is just ridiculous crybaby behaviour though. It’s the complete other end of the scale, and you don’t as little basis to suggest we’re going to lose that game as the people that suggest we’re definitely going to be safe.

Indeed, but that's context. I'm interested in cold hard points on the board.

We're struggling. If we're truthful the run before Christmas caught many of us by surprise. We don't look like replicating it.

Last win Dec 16th. No win in 7 league games. Strikers who don't know what the goal is anymore.

Now, it is possible we'll hit another veign of form. What I don't understand is this absolute confidence we definitely wouldn't be in trouble.

Food for thought, right?

More food for thought on recent form. Prior to today;

Nobody is saying that. Who has said that?

Writing off a home game against Crystal Palace is just ridiculous crybaby behaviour though. It’s the complete other end of the scale, and you don’t as little basis to suggest we’re going to lose that game as the people that suggest we’re definitely going to be safe.
Um, quite a few are saying "no way we'd be relegated".

We have 19.

You just said you’re only interested in “cold hard points on the board”. Well we have 29 of them. A man in a suit somewhere has decided to edit the league table so it shows us on 19 points.

You seem to be desperately trying to make some sort of case that we’re one of the worst teams in the league because we only have 19 points, but seeing as you want to discuss “cold hard facts”, then we don’t only have 19 points so that case has just been rendered nonsense.

You just said you’re only interested in “cold hard points on the board”. Well we have 29 of them. A man in a suit somewhere has decided to edit the league table so it shows us on 19 points.

You seem to be desperately trying to make some sort of case that we’re one of the worst teams in the league because we only have 19 points, but we don’t only have 19 points so that case has just been rendered nonsense.
I edited my answer since - I pressed post too quickly

Correct , you can’t agree for someone to murder someone and sign a contract and then sue them when they don’t do it .

Just because two parties agree on something doesn’t mean that the law of the land changes between the two parties
And another point about the "you signed a contract" argument is that we have pretty much no choice but to sign the contract - you need to sign it to play in the PL and playing in the PL is central to our business. So to a large extent the terms, rules and processes in the contract are imposed on us regardless, and that's something a court would take into account.

Like, if the PL put "Manchester United will start every season on -6 points" into the PL contract, Man United's choices wouldn't be sign it, or get thrown out, they'd go to court and win.

An extreme example but you can't just use a monopolistic or semi-monopolistic position to do what you want, contract or no contract.

It’s certainly true, but it’s a stretch going back that far. No point cry-arsing about today, but even in the cup games against average opposition, the team looked a mile of the one that was playing when Beto was racing towards goal to megs the keeper.

Flipside is with returning players and a few “easier” games coming up, no reason that team can’t return.

This is obviously the big reason to stay positive. But sooner we get a win the better or the pressure keeps building.

It's fairly obvious stuff, but we need to start putting the ball in the net more often. I think there's a real lack of confidence on show from our attackers at the minute.

We have enough to go get a number of wins but just because games look easier doesn't mean they will be easy