2023/24 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

I also think Haaland didn't have good game and wasn't involved a lot, but yet has his 2-3 moments to make the difference. You saw the quality difference between the 2:0 and when DCL tried to chip it.
You can't be serious with that analysis.
DCL was isolated on his own against top class defenders.
Haaland was playing in front of and with the best players on the planet.
Compare how Haaland plays for his country rather than his club if you want a more reasonable comparison.

Haaland is a great player no doubt, but comparing DCL without acknowledging the difference in the two teams just makes no sense.

We are nearing the point where he should be dropped to be honest. Not quite yet but one or two more poor performances against weaker opponents and I think it's time to change it.

At some point poor performance needs to be held accountable, even if you don't really believe the player on the bench is better. It doesn't have to be a long term move, but might be what is needed.

Yes getting close. Beto hasn't done much to say he deserves starts either. That's the problem. We need competition but it needs to be genuine competition which pushes players to perform. Neither of our strikers is playing well and pushing the other one.
Maybe give Chermiti a try? Biggest problem is getting support to whoever is up top, we’re missing Doucs, the wingers are out of form, the back ups either don’t have the work ethic or aren’t trusted and only one full back gets forward with any conviction

We are nearing the point where he should be dropped to be honest. Not quite yet but one or two more poor performances against weaker opponents and I think it's time to change it.

At some point poor performance needs to be held accountable, even if you don't really believe the player on the bench is better. It doesn't have to be a long term move, but might be what is needed.
So we bench him and make our team worse off the back of a vague principle?

Maybe give Chermiti a try? Biggest problem is getting support to whoever is up top, we’re missing Doucs, the wingers are out of form, the back ups either don’t have the work ethic or aren’t trusted and only one full back gets forward with any conviction
At some point we might have to try something else, so why not.

I would give Dom the next game because it's a favourable game on paper. But if his performance level isn't much better then we have to make a decision. Poor performance should eventually lead to you losing your place at some point.