2023/24 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Didn’t realise he hadn’t been given the goal until I watched Match of the Day. Madness.

Surely the rule should be that if it’s a point blank, negligible deflection that doesn’t change the outcome, it’s not credited to that player.

Thinking of that everyone thought it was DCLs goal if it hit Harrison was he offside?

Thus not on the field of play - therefore not counting as being between the 'scorer'...Harrison...and the goal line??

Edit; this sort of stupidness is why VAR needs binning
From the FA website regarding offside:

A defending player who leaves the field of play without the referee’s permission shall be considered to be on the goal line or touchline for the purposes of offside until the next stoppage in play or until the defending team has played the ball towards the halfway line and it is outside its penalty area. If the player left the field of play deliberately, the player must be cautioned when the ball is next out of play.

He really is going through a slump at the moment. I do think it's hard to completely blame him and I still think he's a good striker. We just don't seem to play to his strengths enough and we severely are lacking in creativity.

Nearly all our goals are set pieces but even that being said he used to score from a fair few of those.

I think the fans need to take some responsibility for his form too. The reason is because that one on one he had against villa for example, he was probably petrified of trying anything creative as he knew he would get pelters if he missed the target. So he kept it simple and just hit the target. Getting on a players back all the time does impact their form and these players are human after all.

His all round play is decent he just needs to break that duck and then I think he will go back to how he used to be a 10-15 goal a season striker