6 + 2 Point Deductions

If the whole thing does fall apart there is actually an argument that by instantly applying an invalid sanction they have caused us damage, in particular because we've had to budget our season around the loss of 10 points worth of prize money (easily 10+m). Therefore this arguably had an adverse effect on our season as it effected our ability to strengthen in the January window.

Obviously not getting anything back beyond what they've taken but if they accept the sanction was improperly arrived at we could argue for mitigation of whatever they DO arrive at as a form of compensation.
Should pay are legal bills

Hopefully at the end of all this we can get a fair system in place not just for the prem but every league and england. So it can be more balanced and checked to help teams going up and down in the leagues. All this process has shown is the prem is out for money and want to keep things in house they dont want outsiders looking in at them. Hopefully the next thing that can happen aswell is looking after fans travelling to matches and giving bettet times instead of stupid mid week games half the length of the country

…I think everything is pointing to the outside world saying FFP penalties don’t make sense & the PL saying they do.

The PL have backed themselves in a corner. They’ll need to save face but I doubt that means saving Everton. Ultimately, I’m sure they’ll change FFP rules because they’re ruining the competition, but not retrospectivly. We’ll be stuck with what we’ve been given. The fear is the 2nd charge.

…I think everything is pointing to the outside world saying FFP penalties don’t make sense & the PL saying they do.

The PL have backed themselves in a corner. They’ll need to save face but I doubt that means saving Everton. Ultimately, I’m sure they’ll change FFP rules because they’re ruining the competition, but not retrospectivly. We’ll be stuck with what we’ve been given. The fear is the 2nd charge.
I think you are probably correct. I can’t imagine they will remove all the points deduction but they might amalgamate the two and make it ten points in total for both charges. We would have a fighting chance of staying up with that

I think you are probably correct. I can’t imagine they will remove all the points deduction but they might amalgamate the two and make it ten points in total for both charges. We would have a fighting chance of staying up with that

…..yep, we’re searching for best case scenario. If that was the case, I’d presume Forest would get -5 which would actually put us in a better position.

…..yep, we’re searching for best case scenario. If that was the case, I’d presume Forest would get -5 which would actually put us in a better position.

Would it. It would be much h better that we get our 10 back and its decided points deductions aren't the way to do it. We aren't waiting on appeals till the last day then. Imagine they accept Forest mitigations on appeal and not ours....

Not really read the culture ministers report- a good silk at our appeal only has to quote her last paragraph in her report quote they don't know what they are doing - plus what right to set am independent panel up if they don't know what they are doing - nepotism of the highest norder - 8 million so far been spent on transfers so fat this endow against last years 80 million.?. Eg most clubs are guilty like us on FFP....not been punished?