777 Partners / Whatever the hell you like

Revised Polling options on who wants a 777 takeover

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
If we get another -10 and relegation looks likely we would definitely want it applied this season. Start in the Championship with a clean slate, and no squad...

If we stay up then we may well get a third charge next season, followed by administration if we don't get bought out. Bugger.
I think we would have a fairly concrete defence against having a severe points penalty for 2 different financial years imposed in the same season. I'd say its more likely they try to make us start next season on -10, although with the rules changing next season they may struggle to impose that.

Is there a scenario where these guys fail the fit and proper persons test and instead we get someone more credible/solvent who squeezes Moshiri on price. Or is cash flow so shafted we're doomed?
You would like to think if Moshiri has any intention to get any money back out of this he will have used the time the approval has taken to line up an alternative. There will be no time to START looking for a fallback if this falls through.

Despite all the problems there’s a price at which Everton still represents a good bargain for someone, not least with the stadium as far along as it is. It’s cost us a hell of a lot, financially and otherwise, to get it to where it is, and with costs the way you are you might not see an infrastructure project like that attempted let alone completed for a long while to come.

So the opportunity to acquire it plus all the other assets of a football club will surely have takers at the right price- yes you have to factor in debt but you have to also remember the assets.

If 777 partners takeover is blocked which looks increasingly likely and considering we are staying afloat on loans they have given us how are we going to pay the bills then

They gave us 150 million. I assume we would use that.

Which creditor is forcing us into administration?

I can't help but think the Premier League are dragging their heels over 777 to make their prosecution of our PSR breach simpler.

They've already established our owner being wealthy means a fine isn't suitable. They'd have to re-open that judgement if our owners changed.

They're stalling because 777 is a Ponzi scheme.

They would be dreadful owners. But I don't think the Premier League have our interests at heart.
Of course not. Our interests (the league and supporters) just happen to align on this one. We don’t want a Ponzi scheme and neither do the league.

Of course not. Our interests (the league and supporters) just happen to align on this one. We don’t want a Ponzi scheme and neither do the league.
Nor do they want a troublesome football club spotlighting their inability to govern themselves.

My fear is that the best place for us, as far as they are concerned, is out of the league. As I say, delaying the 777 takeover helps their charges against us stick because it maintains the status quo.

I've scoffed at the idea that the league want rid of Everton for a long time. But I can totally see why they would in the current mess.

If its 4 months in and still not approved there is no miracle going to happen just announce its not approved and move on. We're not the attractive option we'd all like to believe and the longer we go on getting bank rolled by that mob the harder a sell we'll be.

Nor do they want a troublesome football club spotlighting their inability to govern themselves.

My fear is that the best place for us, as far as they are concerned, is out of the league. As I say, delaying the 777 takeover helps their charges against us stick because it maintains the status quo.

I've scoffed at the idea that the league want rid of Everton for a long time. But I can totally see why they would in the current mess.

I just don't see it. Moshiri put us in the league's crosshairs, I don't think they're out to get us.

The charges aren't going anywhere regardless of who owns the club. And the nexus of those charges is a poorly run club with finance and administration issues.

We're working on the poorly run aspect, but 777 certainly aren't going to change the finance and administration issues. All evidence states they'll make it worse.

I think for reasons outside of football, they'd like Moshiri out and are giving these idiots time enough to convince them of their merits.

But 777 doesn't need time, it's needs competent leadership and cash.

They may well think like that but honestly I think if they look at it through self interest they’d be wrong- in fact it’s the opposite. The best thing they could do out of self interest is make it go away and settle something with the two clubs.

The MPs yesterday were already focussing on it so if this big show of punishment was meant to get MPs off their back it’s backfired, they see it as exactly what it is.

Either us or Forest after their spending would be in big trouble if we went down. If either club is effectively sent down after surviving on the pitch the PL will be (or will seen to be) responsible for those consequences and possibly for hounding a great historical if “small” club into administration etc. All in the name of sustainability.

It might seem like they want that, maybe someone like Masters is vindictive enough to want that, but logically they shouldn’t want that. It would make the case for more not less power to be taken away from them.

I just don't see it. Moshiri put us in the league's crosshairs, I don't think they're out to get us.

They want the simplest solution to this mess our breach has created. That's all that's motivating them. What happens to us is immaterial to them, as long as the league is protected.

Whatever makes it go away. Nothing else matters.

The charges aren't going anywhere regardless of who owns the club. And the nexus of those charges is a poorly run club with finance and administration issues.

No, but Moshiri's wealth was specifically cited in the rationale for the punishment we received.

Change Moshiri's ownership during the appeal and it muddies the waters. It only benefits Everton's case to say "this has changed, so must the punishment."

We're working on the poorly run aspect, but 777 certainly aren't going to change the finance and administration issues. All evidence states they'll make it worse.

I agree.

I think for reasons outside of football, they'd like Moshiri out and are giving these idiots time enough to convince them of their merits.

I don't think they care about Moshiri as an individual at all. As you say yourself, 777 are likely to be at least equally bad a custodian of a Premier League team.

They may well think like that but honestly I think if they look at it through self interest they’d be wrong- in fact it’s the opposite. The best thing they could do out of self interest is make it go away and settle something with the two clubs.

The MPs yesterday were already focussing on it so if this big show of punishment was meant to get MPs off their back it’s backfired, they see it as exactly what it is.

Either us or Forest after their spending would be in big trouble if we went down. If either club is effectively sent down after surviving on the pitch the PL will be (or will seen to be) responsible for those consequences and possibly for hounding a great historical if “small” club into administration etc. All in the name of sustainability.

It might seem like they want that, maybe someone like Masters is vindictive enough to want that, but logically they shouldn’t want that. It would make the case for more not less power to be taken away from them.
I hope you're right.

Everyone does want an expeditious resolution. My fear is that for the PL, that could just mean pulling the chain on Everton's Premier League status.