6 + 2 Point Deductions

Even if we don't get found guilty of the 2nd offence ( unlikely unless the current appeal succeeds in its entirety and the appeal panel accept that our basis of calculation was right all along ) , even if we get some points back on the appeal , it seems increasingly likely that 777 fail the PL owners test in which case administration beckons with another 9 points deducted.

Truly we are screwed.

With this 3-year rolling system, it seems to me that if you had a massive loss for some reason in one year, say year 2 of a 1, 2, 3, 4 sequence, you'd get punished in year 3, but then you'd get punished again in year 4 unless year 4 itself was so massively profitable as to wipe out the damages of year 2 by itself. But the offense is still only for year 2.

How could this system ever be fair? In other words, if you get punished once, it seems almost impossible not to then get punished a second time, because a points deduction in year 3 would make it incredibly difficult to generate enough profits in year 4 to mitigate the damages of year 2. It's an almost inescapable cycle.

Our club is a farce, telling us they hadn’t done anything wrong first time around and then admitting their guilt. Then saying nothing and having the fans hearts broken. The problem with this club is that it does give a crap about its fans and it hasn’t for years. Peoples club, my arse.

Even if we don't get found guilty of the 2nd offence ( unlikely unless the current appeal succeeds in its entirety and the appeal panel accept that our basis of calculation was right all along ) , even if we get some points back on the appeal , it seems increasingly likely that 777 fail the PL owners test in which case administration beckons with another 9 points deducted.

Truly we are screwed.

either way mate we’re gone as a prem team

What a farce this is.

But surely a precedent has now been set? And if we're being judged for losses over a 4 season period surely other teams e.g. Chelsea will fall foul of this too?!
No mate - they were just allowed to write off a £4 billion quid debt, then start all over again and spend £1 billion pound on about 437 players.

Financial fair play and profit and sustainability rules do innit….. we’re dead naughty building a stadium when we can’t afford it.

The punishment was definitely over zealous. I’m not disputing that.

But we’re not even sure what the punishment will be for this second breach yet.
I can't accept that this is a fair process when they hand out a penalty of that degree, without any real justification. And I read the findings from the first hearing and I just don't accept their view on several of the mitigations.

And this all comes at a time when they are fast tracking the process for minor breaches (which relate to smaller clubs), rather than more serious potential breaches.

I don't trust the process. I think the league are ruining football. And the future of the game is at risk.