6 + 2 Point Deductions

They will still be investigated for breaking rules that were in force at the time. If you get caught speeding in roadworks, you don’t get it rescinded the next day when the roadworks are cleared and the speed limit goes back up.
But if they decide people will no longer get tickets for speeding in roadworks then it can get rescinded. Plenty of people who committed crimes in the past, have had convictions removed from their record when the law gets changed

They will still be investigated for breaking rules that were in force at the time. If you get caught speeding in roadworks, you don’t get it rescinded the next day when the roadworks are cleared and the speed limit goes back up.

….not sure I get that analogy. The roadwork speed limit is imposed because the road conditions change. The Premier League next season is the same PL as previous seasons, yet the FFP rules are set to change because the powers that be have realised they are wrong.

i imagine this is partly why Everton have recruited the ‘super silk’.

Last edited:
….not sure I get that analogy. The roadwork speed limit is imposed because the road conditions change. The Premier League next season is the same PL as previous seasons, yet the FFP rules are set to change because the powers that be have realised they are wrong.
Apparently they're changing to bring them in line with UEFA or something. It's all a bit messy.

Late to the party on this one, and interested to see what happens today!

However, wasn't the formula (or at least recommended) used for the original point deduction something like x amount of points for every x mil that you are over the threshold?

If we have complied with PSR numbers in 22/23 (according to Esk), and even improved on these figures making the over the threshold amount less, the surely it should not be another 10 point deduction right?
Hopefully we'll get some bonus points

That's interesting as those odds were suspended.
They were, this morning they are not. Bookies get the inside information before everyone else and they must know something.
IMG_0955.png

Again, its highly likely that in an administration/liquidation process it'd be sold at a vastly lesser amount than market/cost price a prospective buyer may look at picking it up cheap then using the land to modify the building for many purposes
Stadiums have no other purpose.

I was involved in some studies for legacy projects to Qatar's World Cup stadia. Nothing came close to working financially. It would be FAR cheaper to build on an empty site. They only way to make it work is to design a building specifically so it can be reconfigured afterwards. BMD was designed and built as a football stadium only.

I have never bet in my life, do you happen to know if this is any indication at all or is it just guess work by whoever runs the bookies?
Could be either. We were longer odds before the points deduction and never shortened until it was announced, indicating the bookies knew nothing. Those odds were never suspended though. If you knew Forest were getting a 10 point penalty you'd surely pile in at 4/1.

I was being metaphorical. And perhaps loosely or lazily. We won’t get Onana’s handball rescinded when the rules are changed next year, and the conditions haven’t changed. That doesn’t really work either I guess.

They can toss us around like an old shoe and cause a bit of minor uproar. I honestly dont think from a global standpoint they will be mad enough to just wipe the slate clean for City etc. with a rule change. Other teams that actually “matter” and carry much more financial weight and for whom the implications are greater won’t let that happen.

No way they are getting 115 ten point deductions, or even close obviously, but they aren’t getting away with it (if guilty of course)