6 + 2 Point Deductions

We’re not going to get away with a fine mate.

I think we’re up for 15+ points

Pathetic by our owners to spend years building carefully in the Championship and then go mad once we get promoted

It seems like the authorities are trying to establish what rules and punishments work with Forest and Everton so they’ve got some precedent to fall back in if/when they ever look seriously at City.
What I don’t get with Forest’s situation, is that you are only half way through your second season in the PL. But the P&S rules (which I thought were a PL thing), are for a rolling 3 season window. Are your 20/21 and 21/22 seasons accounts in the EFL treated as if you were in the PL?

I reckon It's all down to our mitigation from last time...we still think that those should be taking into account whilst the premier league disagrees, and I guess this is where our appeal will be on. We were over last time already by 25 millions, so only way for us to be on the right side is to turn a profit of 20 millions plus last season which its unlikely. Must be close though, so hopefully it's only a handful of points and not 10 like last time.

I'm not entirely sure why it has to be the season after. It says in the handbook that this is in the interests of other clubs, but I'm not sure there's a clear reason for that.
I'd assume its because leeds etc kicked off when ours got delayed. Can't imagine it's more thought out than that.

So we can have appeals for points deductions after the end of the season instead

I reckon It's all down to our mitigation from last time...we still think that those should be taking into account whilst the premier league disagrees, and I guess this is where our appeal will be on. We were over last time already by 25 millions, so only way for us to be on the right side is to turn a profit of 20 millions plus last season which its unlikely. Must be close though, so hopefully it's only a handful of points and not 10 like last time.
Well the minimum is 6 so yeah.

Wonder what Forest told Nuno? Surely his agents and solicitors sorting contracts asked the question as to whether they were about to get Everton’d.

Not a big fan of him, but surely he’d have just sat on all his Saudi cash and been patient for a club not about to be dragged through this? Like us, if they have breached, the next 2 years will be grim
spending wise too. He doesn’t need that? And Dyche joined us expecting a fine or transfer ban. Everyone knows it’s points now.

The thing I find most depressing is that we have the nuts and bolts of the first properly likeable Everton team in a long while - those aren't all the most talented players in the word but they are solid, hardworking, good lads. And most if not all of them will be taken away from us if we are relegated through no fault of the players themselves and need the mother of all fire sales to survive. The merest glimmer of hope and it's extinguished.
So true
Dyche has done a great job making every one of these players give their all and earn our respect and that could all be for nothing

We don't have to be 20m better than last season though, we just need to be 20m better than the year that falls off the calculation.

The thing about this I still don't understand is the year that falls off is 100m plus and we should've been able to beat it fairly easily.