Relegation 23/24 Thread

Yeag when not in an everton shirt, have no problem if they give everyone same rules. But last night was more than a foul than the one we had. Also was same with wolves they need calling out have been so poor again this season
I just think the officials and VAR are not up to it. In any other walk of life they would be fired (except maybe the Post Office!).

I don’t think they have a vendetta. They can’t even spell it

It's BS to be fair. Everton with their big name, big fan base, shiny new stadium, Merseyside derby, etc, etc, is much more valuable to them than nothing clubs like Luton or Burnley.
Bingo.

Its tiring reading day after day that The Premier League have it in for us.

We broke the rules, they didnt randomly select us to pick on.

It's BS to be fair. Everton with their big name, big fan base, shiny new stadium, Merseyside derby, etc, etc, is much more valuable to them than nothing clubs like Luton or Burnley.
Yeah, the issue I think with the PL is giving preferential treatment to the Big Six over the Other 14. But among the other 14 I don’t think they bother to pick and choose or have it in for us or any other club in particular. It almost gives them too much credit to think they care.

I am mystified by decisions, however I am wondering why do the Premier League want us relegated? What threat are we to them? When I think of Everton the following springs to mind. And we aren’t the dog.

449a20ea97166510cb3602c9bd70ce26.gif

At some time in the future the truth will out and referees / officials will be shown to have systematically favoured the "big six" and this will have been done at the behest of "senior managers" within the FA/Premier League.

Corrupt / disingenuous behaviour / cover-ups are rife in British public life, e.g. contaminated blood scandal, Windrush Scandal, Post Office/Fujitsu Scandal, Hillsborough cover-up, Partygate, numerous other Westminster scandals like "cash for questions". UK public life under the Conservatives is routinely bent to the will of those who stand to gain financially and politically. Why would those same attitudes of corruption and cover-up not pervade Premiership football given the money and status attached?

As many have said before, it is in the interests of the PL to be seen to not need an independent regulator and hence the stiffest penalty ever given is levied against Everton. Man City / Chelsea, if found to have committed similar offence,s will not be given punishment that is in proportion to that given Everton.

Yes, 10 points taken off Everton is not as important as any of those scandals listed above. Scandals that cost lives, livelihoods and the right to live in this country. My point is that the corruption on display at football grounds every weekend needs to be eradicated.

Let me guarantee you this: none of the penalties given to Wigan Athletic, Stoke City or West Bromwich would have been awarded against Manchester United and yet they were against Norwich City. So are match officials really biased, do they deliberately favour the big teams?

The select group of referees which I served with did a lot of work with a sports psychologist, the excellent Craig Mahoney. He explained the difference behind conscious decision making and sub-conscious and that you can only really control conscious thought.

I don’t believe that any referee consciously goes out to give soft penalties against small teams but I know that they only give stone wall penalties against the biggest ones.

One of the reasons for this is that they know the fallout, from the managers and the media, if they give a soft penalty against one of the big teams and the sub-conscious mind kicks in to afford the referee a level of protection, quite naturally.

Surely, this must be applied to all penalty awards, to only give them if 100 per cent sure and if any doubt exists, whether positional or foul/no foul then the penalty must not be awarded irrespective of which team they are refereeing.