777 Partners / Whatever the hell you like

Revised Polling options on who wants a 777 takeover

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lots of sketchy stuff with them, but to be fair this isnt a new thing. This case has been in Canadian courts because its Flair Airlines(777 acted as guarantors). It seems they now have filed in english courts because they feel their case will be rejected in the other one.
I don’t think that’s exactly it based on what I read.

The case was filed in Canadian courts by Flair against the lessors for repossessing the aircraft in the first place.

This is the opposite where the lessors are now suing them for losses and missed payments.

It’s not clear to me why this is being filed in a UK court, the lessors are Irish and Flair is Canadian.

The case was filed in Canadian courts by Flair against the lessors for repossessing the aircraft in the first place.

This is the opposite where the lessors are now suing them for losses and missed payments.

It’s not clear to me why this is being filed in a UK court, the lessors are Irish and Flair is Canadian.
Based on the actual article it doesnt seem to be the case, the aircraft were repossessed 10 months ago so the Canadian case is not about that but the losses and missed payments. The filing in english courts where neither party is located seems to fit with them trying to re-try the case elsewhere.

borrowing us
giphy.gif

Based on the actual article it doesnt seem to be the case, the aircraft were repossessed 10 months ago so the Canadian case is not about that but the losses and missed payments. The filing in english courts where neither party is located seems to fit with them trying to re-try the case elsewhere.

The High Court takes on cases from all over the world as it is respected around the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.