VAR

Fantastic stuff
Ex ref Hackett apologising to dcl and Warnock saying Pawson has something against Everton and referring to the derby he did

The messed up thing last night is the ref was having a good game for once
He even booked eze for a clear dive which we don’t see enough of

Then he’s called over by knob head Pawson to look at a super slow mo and feels obliged because VAR said so
Then he missed booking Eze for his second dive like he should have because he was probably in his own head after thinking he’d made a mistake which he hadn’t
Plus the Beto one.

Why wasn't that VAR checked and run in slow motion ?
Just YET ANOTHER decision of the MANY , MANY injustices we seem to get.

The offside ones for me are just the worst of the worst. I wouldn't mind conceding a goal if the opposition striker is a few inches ahead of the line because there should be a bit of give and take. Measuring players from the arm, shoulder etc is pathetic.
Exactly, lots of supporters don't actually understand the purpose of the offside rule. It is purely a fairly blunt instrument to prevent goal hanging. Giving offsides which are not clearly visible to the naked eye is ludicrous. When I played upfront you look across the line and keep your eye line level with the last defender. If you run too early and are a yard ahead when the ball is played you are offside. If you are broadly in line you shouldn't be.

Plus the Beto one.

Why wasn't that VAR checked and run in slow motion ?
Just YET ANOTHER decision of the MANY , MANY injustices we seem to get.
The Beto one is a good example of why I don't think VAR works in football because I don't really think that is a penalty but some people do and they definitely get given at other times which just shows why interfering with those decisions doesn't work because its just someone elses opinion being thrown into the mix.

The Beto one is a good example of why I don't think VAR works in football because I don't really think that is a penalty but some people do and they definitely get given at other times which just shows why interfering with those decisions doesn't work because its just someone elses opinion being thrown into the mix.

100% Beto wasn't a pen but the point Dyche made (the only decent point I thought from hs press conference but we'll agree to disagree on what we both think he should and shouldn't have said) was spot on. Put te Beto one in slow motion and it's pen. Put the Hughes tackle in slow motion and it's a red and so on and so on.

I've no qualms with the Beto one not being given but let's say that's Salah or Foden, 100% that gets checked a lot differently. I think it took the commentsor less than 5 seconds to say it had been checked. How did they check that slow motion in 5 seconds? I don't think they did and just instantly dismissed it as a dive. About 40 seconds later they do the slow motion replay and you'd say "yeah in super slow motion that could be classed as a pen".

I don't want soft penalties, I don't want dodgy decisions, I'm not asking for a helping hand. What I do want though is fairness in these decisions and consistency.

Stick VAR in the bin and stick about 10 of the referees in it whilst we're at it.

It shouldn't be a penalty, ever, BUT.. the way the game has gone there are penalties being given for minimal contact every weekend. And that being the case how is full blatant contact not deemed a foul?
It's non-football people making up rules, same as has been mentioned above about offside, go back to why each rule was brought in in the 1st place and adapt the guidelines to meet the modern game. You should never ever be inches offside, Jesus I would say you shouldn't even be able to be a foot offside.
It's all a real contrived pile of bollocks turned out and if nothings done about it will only get worse

Another thing that winds me up no end is the body language and general behavior of the officials. Yes we know you make the decisions, but the way they act is pathetic.

Even at corners when you've got a linesman standing ON the pitch IN FRONT of the ball to stop it from being taken - do you really think a player is going up to kick it if the linesman tells him not to? And even if a player did, give him a yellow card and nobody would do it again.

Far too much power, far too little accountability.

I think being able to review a decision is helpful to remove absolute clangers but the onus should be on either to team to make a referral like in cricket and you should need to identify what the issue is i.e. offside, handball etc. There will always be certain decisions which are grey areas but the interpretation/application of the rules is wildly inconsistent from match to match and sometimes even within the same match. I have seen hundreds of tackles much worse than DCL one result in nothing more than a yellow.

It shouldn't be a penalty, ever, BUT.. the way the game has gone there are penalties being given for minimal contact every weekend. And that being the case how is full blatant contact not deemed a foul?
It's non-football people making up rules, same as has been mentioned above about offside, go back to why each rule was brought in in the 1st place and adapt the guidelines to meet the modern game. You should never ever be inches offside, Jesus I would say you shouldn't even be able to be a foot offside.
It's all a real contrived pile of bollocks turned out and if nothings done about it will only get worse

I'll say it again close calls nearly always go with the colour of the shirt, or who/ what team is wearing them.

Why shouldn't it be a penalty? When it did it become ok to have a striker in a literal bear hug for that length of time without letting him go. I know they are rarely given but it is a penalty for.

I'd honestly rather have a bloody Dalek skating around the pitch making the decisions than the tossers we have to put up with week in, week out.

There's no doubt in my mind that there's certain referees hell bent on making it as difficult as possible for Everton on purpose.