VAR

Yes, it’s the idiots who are in charge of var that is the problem.
If Everton did not exist I would never watch this joke of a sport ever again. It is designed for a global TV audience and gambling. The little people who referee all want their two minutes in the spotlight. The players think they are in a fraud wrestling match where you pretend to be hurt and incident has to be created where none exists. It is utterly pathetic.

Problem is that if you want to find a technical justification for giving a foul you 90% of the time can as there will always be some contact between players in a contact sport.

But that is not what VAR is supposed to be for, it is for where the officials miss something sufficiently serious to warrant an intervention. The ref did not miss it, he interpreted it differently originally, but still absolutely within the rules and was right.

Show the ref a slow replay and point out why it could be interpreted as foul/red/pen and the ref will always allow himself to be guided into agreeing.
Exactly, refs would often get it wrong in the past but at least we'd get a real time opinion and the game could just carry on. It's a bit like stats, you can twist them to any narrative. Same with ultra slow mo replays.

I was naively in favour of introducing it. I thought it would rid us of clear errors like the Rodwell derby sending off. But the opposite has happened.

Maybe, but I think most teams in the league have been utterly rammed enough times by now for there to be a census.
I was always sceptical about VAR. I never wanted it. I was always very wary of how it would unconsciously favour certain big teams. I didn't trust football to introduce it without taking away from.the game

And even I can't quite believe who bad it is. The PL have made the biggest mess of it and they aren't even a credible competition anymore. Its not a fair system and needs binned.

Unfortunately it increases big team bias so it won't be going anywhere.

Former Crystal Palace midfielder Jobi McAnuff speaking on ITV4 about Dominic Calvert-lewin's red card: "It wasn't even a foul, let alone a red card. There's nothing in that for me.

"You can slow something down and it looks a lot worse. The contact is minimal. It's like VAR are trying to find ways to issue a red card or disallow a goal.

"The referee has made his decision on the pitch and someone sitting in a complete sanitised room somewhere has decided it's worse than it was."