2023/24 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Sorry lien, have to take you to task on that. His work rate is massively less than the general level within the team, his hold-up play is weak at best and his application is somewhat half-hearted. Really not sure what games you’re watching to be honest, certainly different to what I see week in week out.
And I have to take you to talk on that. None of what your said is true.

Really not sure what games you're watching.

I see the DCL hate mob is back and then some.

Probably the same clowns that booed him for being pole-axed against Villa.

He's not perfect and needs to improve aspects of his game but he's not a bad player by any means and quite honestly feeds off scraps in this team.

Most level headed Blues would agree.

More like the DCL fan boys are back under the rocks.

no one is hating on him overly so, just saying he's a terrible finisher and needs to do more.

he doesnt feed off scraps either, he's getting big chances every single game. problem is, he needs about 3 sitters every game to score.

We can’t afford his glaring misses. He’s costing us points in his current form. He has played himself out of the side.

I’d like to see him come on as a sub and partner Beto, but that may only happen if we’re losing at Wolves so he starts on the bench as far as I’m concerned.

Maybe he can go two up-front when we’re 3-0 up.

I see the DCL hate mob is back and then some.

Probably the same clowns that booed him for being pole-axed against Villa.

He's not perfect and needs to improve aspects of his game but he's not a bad player by any means and quite honestly feeds off scraps in this team.

Most level headed Blues would agree.
He’s a very useful player - and important for us. But he’s dreadfully out of sorts and costing us points. Needs a rest.

More like the DCL fan boys are back under the rocks.

no one is hating on him overly so, just saying he's a terrible finisher and needs to do more.

he doesnt feed off scraps either, he's getting big chances every single game. problem is, he needs about 3 sitters every game to score.
Fan boys? Well yes being a fan of the club generally means you support the players as well.

Never been a finisher and never will be. Just doesn't have that killer instinct.

If there's one thing that exemplifies his lack of intensity its his heading. He usually heads the ball eyes closed and the timing is usually all wrong. The ball never going where he intends it to or else coming off his shoulder rather than head.

I think he'd struggle badly to hold down a place at the likes of Fulham or Bournemouth or Palace or some club like that.

Looks at recent league form with DCL in the team compared with DCL out of the team.

Righty ho chief!
Sitters missed against United and City. Put Beto in there in those exact situations and then we can compare.

What we do know is DCL has played himself out of the side. Thankfully, he has some competition now.

Fan boys? Well yes being a fan of the club generally means you support the players as well.
Aye, but some on here ie cartoon man generally go ape [Poor language removed] if you say anything negative about him, factual or not.

I'm in the middle with him, I can see what he brings and think he's alrite when he's on his game, but he's never gonna score loads, I just find it bizarre that some people think he's genuinely amazing.

Sitters missed against United and City. Put Beto in there in those exact situations and then we can compare.

What we do know is DCL has played himself out of the side. Thankfully, he has some competition now.
Unfortunately we cannot put Beto in those exact positions, so we cannot compare, what with all the other variables and stuff.
I think DCL being on the bench, as opposed to starting, is probably more down to fatigue and having several games in a short time period. This is possibly related to having had so long out of the game, as opposed to playing himself out! Of course I don't know why Dyche benched him, I'm just making sh*t up there, to suit my own agenda, same as you.

Unfortunately we cannot put Beto in those exact positions, so we cannot compare, what with all the other variables and stuff.
I think DCL being on the bench, as opposed to starting, is probably more down to fatigue and having several games in a short time period. This is possibly related to having had so long out of the game, as opposed to playing himself out! Of course I don't know why Dyche benched him, I'm just making sh*t up there, to suit my own agenda, same as you.
I like DCL. He’s our first-choice striker. But he’s out of form. Beto deserves his chance given he’s actually scored a few goals lately. Or else play both.