New Everton Stadium Discussion

Tbh for all the excitement to move to a new stadium surely a proper last home game of the season is a much better way to say goodbye to Goodison. Seems disrespectful to cast it aside midway through a season. Plus pitch invasions and tearing whatever piece you want to own off would be punished less at the end of a season.
Personally I'd rather move ASAP. I'm just a bit impatient. Whilst I love Goodison we just need to get on and move on now. But ultimately I think money will talk. The sooner we move the sooner match day revenue goes up/sponsorship etc.

What finish / facade is going on this bit above the existing brick facade?
IMG_6166.jpeg

That's a plant screen around the chiller compound. It will be a permeable finish to allow air flow for maximum cooling capacity. Probably won't be as you see, but likely a fairly dense black mesh or similar.
Just before that vid panned over to there I was thinking the top of brick facade (on all 3 elevations) looks like it needs something to top it out. The brick sections and glazing / black elements are uneven it looks like, almost like battlements.
That said I suppose we’re only seeing it like that as the drone footage is from above, when in use everyone’s perspective will be ground level.

I hope you're right, but didn't someone post a few pages back it won't be ready until 2025, hence the move for the 25/26 season? I can't see it standing empty for 6 months. Hope not.
If its handed over December and then it takes a couple of months to get all systems firing then we're looking end of Feb, start of March when it's game ready. Would only be no more than a handful of games before the season ended. Would be a bit mad to move with 4 or 5 games of a season left. Can see the revenue logic but the upheaval would be a ballache.

Would make more sense to start new season in new gaff.

If its handed over December and then it takes a couple of months to get all systems firing then we're looking end of Feb, start of March when it's game ready. Would only be no more than a handful of games before the season ended. Would be a bit mad to move with 4 or 5 games of a season left. Can see the revenue logic bit the upheaval would be a ballache
Revenue difference isnt even "that" big.

As you say, 3 or 4 games, 31,000 Season Tickets at 2024* prices.

I mean we havent even had our ST renewals for next season, never mind picked seats for Brammers.

Revenue difference isnt even "that" big.

As you say, 3 or 4 games, 31,000 Season Tickets at 2024* prices.

I mean we havent even had our ST renewals for next season, never mind picked seats for Brammers.
If it was half a season, 10 or so games then maybe, but seems mad to do it with a few left. See the Old Lady off and start fresh new season.
Time scale seems to fit better. Can always have pre-season games as openers for stadium through the summer.