6 + 2 Point Deductions

We had a board consisting of wastes of space, all lovely people mind, just not up to the job. Having DBB as a CEO had calamity written all over it. Wonderful with all the cuddly community stuff but so far out of her league it was untrue. The board screwed this up, both breaking the rules and not presenting a winning argument. I don’t really want 777 taking over but ffs we need some professionals running the shop……

This "it's a good year to get 10 points deducted" argument drives me nuts. These are our points - won on the field. There is never a good year to lose them.

"Oh, it's a good year to lose a leg. The factory down the road have a sale on for prosthetics."
Know what you mean.

Well meaning fans (our own) and pundits (not our own) talk about we'll get 4 back, 5, back, 6 back, hell they'll reduce it to just 3.

Drives me nuts. TEN POINTS BACK without delay. The whole investigation, charges and independent commission is a sham. Andy Burnham is pointing it out be even us fans can see the holes. It's a farce. Never mind an appeal, the whole thing stinks and should be wiped away.

We had a board consisting of wastes of space, all lovely people mind, just not up to the job. Having DBB as a CEO had calamity written all over it. Wonderful with all the cuddly community stuff but so far out of her league it was untrue. The board screwed this up, both breaking the rules and not presenting a winning argument. I don’t really want 777 taking over but ffs we need some professionals running the shop……
To start with, we could do with a chairman.

The same. As long as we keep our heads if other and our results don't go our way for a few weeks.Cool heads from fans and players required. Focus on what is in front of us on a day to day basis.Whilst still making our voices heard towards the PL

Pretty much this. Also need to remind ourselves there's still well over half a seasons worth of games to go. I'm confident we'll be able to get more points than the 3 promoted teams.

Absolute disgrace that we have to deal with it, but that's all we can do currently.

When we stay up, because we will, the lads deserve an enormous amount of credit and deserve cult like status within the history of our club.

It may not be a trophy but these lads are facing an heroic turn of events and when we succeed in achieving our goal then they should be treated with the respect and praise they deserve.

When we stay up, because we will, the lads deserve an enormous amount of credit and deserve cult like status within the history of our club.

It may not be a trophy but these lads are facing an heroic turn of events and when we succeed in achieving our goal then they should be treated with the respect and praise they deserve.

I disagree. While it's great that we may be able to avoid the drop, despite a 10 point reduction, they should be given no more adulation than any team that finishes in whatever position that extra 10 points would get them.

Imo anyway.

We don't owe them 💩 after the last two years of "accomplishment". I'll grant them one free swing at a EFC exec of their choice, though.

I disagree. While it's great that we may be able to avoid the drop, despite a 10 point reduction, they should be given no more adulation than any team that finishes in whatever position that extra 10 points would get them.

Imo anyway.

I think with our current pathetic recent history it would be an achievement worthy of cult status.

And the fans. Our travelling fans especially are a credit to us all

….along with welcome political pressure I really think we could do with a PL whistleblower.

Internally, I can see them shredding e-mails and obfuscating the minutes of meetings, I’d love there to be a member of staff who has a gripe against individuals and leaks damning stuff.

Just reminded me of the In The Loop quote about minutes of meetings.

Those minutes are an aide-memoire for us. They should not be a reductive record of what happened to have been said, but they should be more a full record of what was intended to have been said. I think that's the more accurate version, don't you?

….along with welcome political pressure I really think we could do with a PL whistleblower.

Internally, I can see them shredding e-mails and obfuscating the minutes of meetings, I’d love there to be a member of staff who has a gripe against individuals and leaks damning stuff.
I suspect if there is any corruption involved it’s one or two individuals at most. Rather, I suspect it’s been panicked thinking and making bad decisions based on concerns about increased government oversight of the PL. But, of course, if anyone inside the PL has leant on the panel then their verdict should absolutely be thrown out.

Some leaks would be telling for sure.

Just reminded me of the In The Loop quote about minutes of meetings.

Those minutes are an aide-memoire for us. They should not be a reductive record of what happened to have been said, but they should be more a full record of what was intended to have been said. I think that's the more accurate version, don't you?
Some very good Yes Minister quotes on minute taking too lol

Sorry if this has already been discussed, but is it not strange that we haven't got our points back with the appeal?

In other examples of points deductions, following the appeal the points have been reinstated untill the result of the appeal, but in our case this hasn't happened.

It's almost as if they have made their mind up and we arnt getting anything back.