2023/24 Youssef Chermiti

I see the knives are out after being brought on late in a game to run around harrying their defenders in an isolated role.

Gary Lineker once said that he used to press in England but when he went to Barcelona they asked what he was doing.

European sides develop players differently.

I think if hed played 1st half hed have been getting positive feedback.

By end of season im confident he'll be 2nd choice.

….i think that’s a fair comment, he’s certainly been brought up in a different culture but I’d still like him to display basic central striker skills when the ball is played up to him. I’m not giving up on him, he’s a fine size but I want to see him just do something that makes me think he could be a player.

He's not pants, or like pants, he gets paid more than my pants. Sorry to have to break this down for you, if you'd like me to draw you a picture let me know.

Bags of potential in him, he was a lazy git yesterday. Comprende?
Bags of potential which will never be realised for us as we can't set up a cohesive attack other than "run it down the line" and he'll forever be mediocre.

If he was playing for a team that gives youth a chance he'd be set up in a way to succeed not "chase it down and do something".

Comprende?

Also I'd like the picture tbh, sounds like it'd be an interesting thing to draw.

Ideally we should bringing on in games were we are winning by a few goals. That was difficult as we went more defensive and he was isolated. Give him time

Come on, have we learnt nothing from Mykolenko, Onana and even DCL? Young players usually need time to adapt. Only the freaks who we can’t afford hit the ground running. Give him some time before writing him off. I think he should have run some of those balls down but he may have thought it was better for him to be further back or to conserve some energy. Who knows.

Bags of potential which will never be realised for us as we can't set up a cohesive attack other than "run it down the line" and he'll forever be mediocre.

If he was playing for a team that gives youth a chance he'd be set up in a way to succeed not "chase it down and do something".

Comprende?

Also I'd like the picture tbh, sounds like it'd be an interesting thing to draw.
You want him to start over Beto? Fine.

You want him to not work his socks off for the team to defend a slender lead with 10 mins to go when we're holding on away from home in a confidence shot team?

….we’re not Man City.

Can anyone tell me one thing that he’s done that makes us think Chermitti can be a player for us?
I think he has some nice touches on the ball, and is strong for his age. I think he's had far too few minutes to made a judgement on, and has come on when the formation has left him isolated. It's impossible to make a call on him at this stage Eggs, if he was looking like a player for us with such limited time, he wouldn't be our player, a better club would have snapped him up.

….we’re not Man City.

Can anyone tell me one thing that he’s done that makes us think Chermitti can be a player for us?
he has played 181 minutes of football. I guarantee some of these world class stars who are playing today didn’t do much in there first 181 minutes

Attachments

• IMG_0687.png
    IMG_0687.png
    60.3 KB · Views: 14
I think he has some nice touches on the ball, and is strong for his age. I think he's had far too few minutes to made a judgement on, and has come on when the formation has left him isolated. It's impossible to make a call on him at this stage Eggs, if he was looking like a player for us with such limited time, he wouldn't be our player, a better club would have snapped him up.

….Sporting had him on the conveyor belt, yet paid big money for Gyokeres. I so want him to be good, I’ll bide my time and await a ‘that’ll do me moment’.

You want him to start over Beto? Fine.

You want him to not work his socks off for the team to defend a slender lead with 10 mins to go when we're holding on away from home in a confidence shot team?
Either start or unbelievably get a sub in before we've closed up shop, yes.

I want him to give his all but pretending he didn't cuz he didn't chase down 1 ball is ridiculous. If I was in his place I'd be equally as frustrated - he's not a robot, the situation he's in for the 3rd (i think?) time is the same and the service/teamplay he'll get is the same - none.

He won't get a chance like this for us unless every other *experienced* striker/forward is injured so it's irrelevant as a discussion.

….Sporting had him on the conveyor belt, yet paid big money for Gyokeres. I so want him to be good, I’ll bide my time and await a ‘that’ll do me moment’.
There may have been other factors in that, such as Sporting needing a striker ready to go and couldn't wait for Chermiti to develop. He is very young after all. It's definitely wait and see, one thing you've probably noticed as well as I, is that the quality of centre forwards in world football seems to be at an all time low, the 90s were awash with them, I think it's slim pickings currently.