Relegation 23/24 Thread

Our home form is a real concern now. Fewest points ever after this many home games for an Everton side. Worrying.

It wasn't very good last season. Terrible run of 4-5 straight defeats that got Lampard the sack. Then a mini bounce under Dyche in beating all of Arsenal, Leeds and Brentford 1-0 but then nothing until the final day.

When you're only winning six home games a season on average you're never going to be that far off the bottom 3. Even that looks a bit of a stretch currently when you look at the home fixtures up to March.

We should get at least 3 points back on appeal IMO.

I personally think if there's a capable set of lawyers employed they can surely argue the final penalty back down to -6 which it really should've been rather than the extension to -10 which seems to be just the premier league trying to look hard which is comical.

So I'm expecting 4 points back but you simply can't factor that in until it actually happens as it may not and doesn't seem like that verdict will come through until after the new year period anyway.

We lost the first game after the last international break and then we got 10 points from the following 5 games and won the cup game. Let’s see how we do in the next few games with more preparation time.

I don’t know why everyone was so confident we would win just because “the atmosphere.” For the last two seasons the fans have turned up to greet the coach and push the players on but they can only do so much, it’s the players who have took four points from seven home games, from a very, very favourable fixture list. We have scored 5 at Goodison in 7, and 3 of them were in one game.

To be honest, I think people have been blinded by the last three games were we played well, forgetting the same turnips lost at home to Wolves, Fulham and Luton.

Don't think anyone was factoring in the goal of the season scored by them after just three minutes. That's going to knock any team off its stride but I thought the response was very good up to the ridiculous penalty overturn (which would never have happened in a million years up the other end).

Luton's next 3 games are Brentford away, followed by Arsenal and City. They're not exactly going to be out of sight even if we fail to win again this year.

Panic stations can probably be deferred into March.

The only major concern I have is around what happens when a few injuries start creeping in.

I personally think if there's a capable set of lawyers employed they can surely argue the final penalty back down to -6 which it really should've been rather than the extension to -10 which seems to be just the premier league trying to look hard which is comical.

So I'm expecting 4 points back but you simply can't factor that in until it actually happens as it may not and doesn't seem like that verdict will come through until after the new year period anyway.

This is true.

But I think the team is ready for another relegation scrap.

Would have won that game on another day. Momentum is everything in a relegation fight though and we're almost adrift. The ban will be 10 points, can't see them reducing it.