January transfer window 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.
We're being kneecapped down an alleyway by the Premier League for spending some cash and there's STILL lads in here doing the lord's work wheeling and dealing fantasy players. I like it.

Add in needing investment of 20M a month to keep the lights on, a takeover being in process, the prospective new owners being up to their neck in debt, and pretty much every asset the club has being used as security against a loan. The only way I see incomings in January is if there's greater outgoings. And every club knows we haven't a bean and need cash, so any outgoings will likely be for below their true market value.

As Leeds found out after Ridsdale, the more in debt you are the lesser your options are, and the more other clubs will ruthlessly exploit it to take your take your best players off you on the cheap.

Right back and centre back is where we are most vulnerable though. Arguably left back too if Myko gets an injury

Centre back and centre mid aee surely the priority areas

Have 3 rb whatever you think about them we need a rm cm cb imo.

Centre back, centre midfield and right winger are priorities in January in that order

Purely numbers wise we have

3×RB
4×CB

We dont own any RW and of our 4 CM, 2 will be out of contract in the summer.

For me, a winger and a CM would be priority.

If we do get anyone in, it will be on loan. Be interesting to see if we shift anyone on and what happens to that money. Pay some of the debt? Allows us to keep the lights on for x months? And the least likely, reinvest in the squad?

It is quite clear at this stage that none if our key players will leave this coming window for the simple reason that we are once again fighting relegation. Yes our financial situation is dire but what do you expect when you are building a new stadium...staying up is avoiding administration...now as many have said, there will be no money to spend, so any incomings will be loans or really cheap deals which is fine as January is not really a market to improve your first 11 anyway.

Purely numbers wise we have

3×RB
4×CB

We dont own any RW and of our 4 CM, 2 will be out of contract in the summer.

For me, a winger and a CM would be priority.
2xCB are absolutely rubbish. With one of them coming into the team covering an injury or suspension suddenly makes one of the team's strong areas into the weakest. Need decent CB back up in January

Purely numbers wise… do you really want to see 2 of those in a blue shirt ever again tho?

Another backup is surely a must.

2xCB are absolutely rubbish. With one of them coming into the team covering an injury or suspension suddenly makes one of the team's strong areas into the weakest. Need decent CB back up in January

Only if we sell Godfrey or Keane...

We need a player comfortable on the ball, will take it anywhere on the pitch. I don't care who he is, what he is or how much it costs.

Kalvin Philips or someone like him.

If we somehow find ourselves 5+ points clear of the bottom three, I can definitely see a big name being pushed out of the door and not being replaced in any way.

Nice to wake up to see:

Branthwaite linked to Spurs and United
Onana linked to United and Arsenal
DCL linked to Arsenal.

As usual pinch of salt with all...but £60mil for DCL could be one to watch with 18months on his deal.

Nice to wake up to see:

Branthwaite linked to Spurs and United
Onana linked to United and Arsenal
DCL linked to Arsenal.

As usual pinch of salt with all...but £60mil for DCL could be one to watch with 18months on his deal.
What you thinking Zat? 60m for Dom, 150m for Branners and 200m for Onana?

lol lol lol lol

I do wonder what colour the sky is on your planet.

You honestly believe anything.

Thats not to say those players wont have interest, but I can assure you, nobody knows where or how much.

Status
Not open for further replies.