6 + 2 Point Deductions

God you are boring Baileyjon, hopefully the French police turn up at your door and do the right thing again like they did in Paris last year because having to read your inane tripe is the equivalent to being violently mugged for a ticket and trampled on to climb a fence.
You have real issues mate you sent me a dozen PM's last night with this Baileyjohn nonsense.

As I said last night you are talking nonsense.

You have real issues mate you sent me a dozen PM's last night with this Baileyjohn nonsense.

As I said last night you are talking nonsense.

So are you, for the last 70 pages in this thread. Have a break, there must be more to your life than this Baileyjon. You’ve set up camp in here for over 24 hours now. Nobody needs to hear another word from you on the subject.

I understand (as I’ve not read the report) that DBB did not give evidence - was there a reason for this? I would it find it absolutely staggering that the CEO of the club during the years under the microscope of the charge would not give evidence. Aside from the main task at hand of successfully appealing the severity of the sanction, I think this needs more air time…..questioning her absence.

Why would I read the tweets.

West Ham won 1-0 at Man United on the final day not Sheffield United. Sheffield United lost 2-1 at home to Wigan who were 3 points behind them going into the last match.
I suggested reading the tweets from Levin Legal as I thought it would help a fellow Blue and perhaps give some reassurance (it did me). Don't read the tweets, I really don't care.

BTW, you're quite right, in my haste I made a mistake:

May 13, 2007: The final day of the 2006/07 season. Tevez scores for the seventh time in West Ham's final 10 games to secure a 1-0 victory over champions Manchester United at Old Trafford. The result ensures West Ham avoid relegation at the expense of Sheffield United, who are relegated on goal difference after a 2-1 defeat at home to Wigan.

5f09d56f-dc06-4890-b673-72a4d62a4994.jpeg

got sent this

Arsenal's boardroom is gripped by fresh tensions, with Alisher Usmanov set to confront Ivan Gazidis over claims that advisers to the club's directors ordered an investigation into Usmanov's prison past in the Soviet Union.

The Russian is the second-biggest shareholder at Arsenal, and his purchase of £75m-worth of the club's shares two years ago was met with resistance from fans, shareholders and directors alike. But despite that past hostility, revelations on Channel Four's Dispatches programme on Monday night that a private investigator was hired by a company working for the Arsenal board came as a shock to the oligarch.

The investigator visited Tashkent, where Usmanov spent six years in jail, while working on a brief to uncover details about his conviction and its subsequent annulment by Russian and Uzbek courts.

Arsenal wanted nothing to do with Usmanov. We now have fans whining because he was sanctioned and we lost out on his blood money. While crying about everyone else being corrupt.
Once again,the Arsenal experience has nothing to do with us.
Moshiri bought the club in 2016 and USM investment/sponsorship followed pretty quickly so we had close to 6 years being supported by them with no complaints from the PL.
Moshiri was deemed to be a fit and proper person to own a PL club(whether backed by Usmanov or not) and until the invasion of Ukraine by Russia that would have continued so the war in Ukraine is a major mitigating factor.

We are not whining about Usmanov we are angry about the wholly disproportionate sanction taken by the PL/commission over a technical accounting breach that has yielded a punishment that is worse than going into administration.

I understand (as I’ve not read the report) that DBB did not give evidence - was there a reason for this? I would it find it absolutely staggering that the CEO of the club during the years under the microscope of the charge would not give evidence. Aside from the main task at hand of successfully appealing the severity of the sanction, I think this needs more air time…..questioning her absence.

Cos some lad from the brick got her in a headlock

Cos some lad from the brick got her in a headlock
I know your only joking but it just says to me that she was never truly a CEO (which I think most of us suspected) - her role was window dressing with the main show ran by our dearly departed. I’m just surprised that no one in the media have questioned her absence which is so strange. Any other CEO would be under the microscope. Such dysfunctional, arrogant people in charge.

I'd be in favour now of getting rid of the 6. Yes they bring in lots of TV money to the league and the prize money would go down, but what good does that do when you need to spend more than you make just to tread water in this league? Yes, we've been mismanaged but we are paying the price of just trying to challenge them and they are sending a clear message.

As long as the big six continue to control the league for their own self-preservation there will always be a ceiling for the rest, and it makes it all feel a bit futile when even in a really good year the rest of the league are fighting over a couple of Europa spots. If they'd gone there'd have been an initial shock period but long term it would probably have benefitted the pyramid as a whole.
I agree, let them all go onto their relegation free pointless league. I honestly would be glad to see the back of them all, absolute leeches.
They can all toss it off and drool over playing each bother 5 times a season until all their fans are fast asleep wondering how it ever came to this.

Last edited:

he was on R4 saying the punishment was unfair but we should suck it up and get on with it, we'll be safe this season
But then all this crap about 3 clubs suing us and that could put us in administration. Then another further 9 points off for that. You couldnt make it up! Moshiiri may aswell have thrown in the towel, gone into administration and taken a 9 point fine told the 3 leaching clubs to do one no money left in the pot sorry. Then give us away for free to 777. This is an absolute joke, surely we cant get sued by 3 clubs for 300 mil.

But then all this crap about 3 clubs suing us and that could put us in administration. Then another further 9 points off for that. You couldnt make it up! Moshiiri may aswell have thrown in the towel, gone into administration and taken a 9 point fine told the 3 leaching clubs to do one no money left in the pot sorry. Then give us away for free to 777. This is an absolute joke, surely we cant get sued by 3 clubs for 300 mil.

The only place I've seen this figure is the always reputable Daily Mail.

Failure to sell players. Well you've got to have a buyer havent you. I wouldnt have bought most of the crap we bought, but what sort of charge is that. You are relieant on outside sources, ie, buyers. That comes across to me as a bizare charge. Esp as we sold 2 players for 100m.
and one of our strands of mitigation was that we bought player Y (understood to be Tosun) he didnt work out, he didnt fit the English game so a continental sale was the best bet but the Covid pandemic stopped the international transfer market almost dead.