6 + 2 Point Deductions

If the commission have actually said that we gained no sporting advantage then I would fully expect this to be overturned upon appeal.
Possibly but we may have received a financial advantage over one of the relegated clubs if they can demonstrate and it is accepted that this penalty should have been applied earlier and we should have been relegated instead. All ifs and buts. We can only deal with what we now know from the reports findings. Bottom line is we admitted guilt and then it was simply a matter of what penalty to apply with the mitigating circumstances, some of which were accepted and others not.

I really think we need to stop playing the victim here. Our owner and his management team have led to this. Let them sort it out while we support the team in a mini revival of form to get out of this mess.

Leicester apparently "considering their options" with regard to legal.action against Everton.

As the team that came 3 Rd from bottom in the relevant season they would appear to be the only claimant who could bring an action .

Southampton and Leeds said to " reviewing". Not sure what they are reviewing as even if Everton had been sanctioned in the relevant season they would have gone down anyway.
It appears the commission has said we gained "no sporting advantage" likley added in to stop legal proceedings as we can use that as evidence in any potential case.

Possibly but we may have received a financial advantage over one of the relegated clubs if they can demonstrate and it is accepted that this penalty should have been applied earlier and we should have been relegated instead. All ifs and buts. We can only deal with what we now know from the reports findings. Bottom line is we admitted guilt and then it was simply a matter of what penalty to apply with the mitigating circumstances, some of whom were accepted and others not.

I really think we need to stop playing the victim here. Our owner and his management team have led to this. Let them sort it out while we support the team in a mini revival of form to get out of this mess.
I mean that would apply just as much to City and Chelsea - possibly more as the sporting advantage is clearer with them. I can't see how us staying up by the skin of our teeth is relevant when their deductions by the same formula would have seen them relegated too.

The fallout of this is going to go on for years.

In February 2022 Everton decided to pass on the interest charges payable
under the Rights & Media Funding Ltd and Metro Bank PLC loans by levying
interest on the inter-company loan to Everton Stadium Development Ltd.
The intention was that that interest would be calculated retrospectively from
FY 2018 and all charged in the FY 2022 accounts

lol lol nothing to see here at all.

The position that Everton finds itself in is of its own making – it is Everton’s
responsibility to ensure that it complies with the PSR regime. The excess
over the threshold is significant. The consequence is that Everton’s
culpability is great. We take into account the fact that Everton’s PSR trend
over the relevant four years is positive, but cannot ignore the fact that the
failure to comply with the PSR regime was the result of Everton irresponsibly
taking a chance that things would turn out positively. Further, Everton was
less than frank in its dealings with the Premier League over the stadium
interest issue. The reality is that Everton failed to manage its finances so as
to operate within the generous threshold of £105 million. Its mismanagement
led to that threshold being exceeded by £19.5 million.

That's what happens when you have a bunch of no-bodies running the show. But to some it was all the fans fault and we should have never been complaining about our magnificant board.

After reading that and a few other things its just seems this is just grandstanding us with the 10 points.

I reckon we will win appeal and get it reduced to 6 points and we will accept it as a win.
You probably arent far off, again its the hit with a high number, and get them to be okay with the lower one. Theres negotiation in politics just like sales.